WMA File

DENNIS

I have this =HANKMID.wma file but is there No.sty file for it ?
I like the  backing of the style for a Hank Snow song but not sure how I can set
the baking track up. Has anyone had experience using these wma files ?
This file came out with BB2012
Any suggestions how I can use this backing for a backing track I am wanting to make ?

 Denny G

mglinert

Denny,

Pre-heat your oven to 200°c for 10 minutes. Blend all ingredients thoroughly and pour into a suitable greased cake dish.

After that you should be fine.

Take care,

Marc

I have this =HANKMID.wma file but is there No.sty file for it ?
I like the  backing of the style for a Hank Snow song but not sure how I can set
the baking track up. Has anyone had experience using these wma files ?
This file came out with BB2012
Any suggestions how I can use this backing for a backing track I am wanting to make ?

 Denny G

Andrew Craig

What wit.  Reminds me of that song that blends drums, bass and other instruments into a Jass tune.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 16:43 mglinert <mglinert@...> wrote:

Denny,

Pre-heat your oven to 200°c for 10 minutes. Blend all ingredients thoroughly and pour into a suitable greased cake dish.

After that you should be fine.

Take care,

Marc

I have this =HANKMID.wma file but is there No.sty file for it ?
I like the  backing of the style for a Hank Snow song but not sure how I can set
the baking track up. Has anyone had experience using these wma files ?
This file came out with BB2012
Any suggestions how I can use this backing for a backing track I am wanting to make ?

 Denny G

DENNIS

What has this got to do with a WMS File  ?

I have this =HANKMID.wma file but is there No.sty file for it ?
I like the  backing of the style for a Hank Snow song but not sure how I can set
the baking track up. Has anyone had experience using these wma files ?
This file came out with BB2012
Any suggestions how I can use this backing for a backing track I am wanting to make ?

 Denny G

Andrew Craig

Nothing Dennis I do hope you get an answer soon.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 17:00 DENNIS <dennismarsh@...> wrote:

What has this got to do with a WMS File  ?

I have this =HANKMID.wma file but is there No.sty file for it ?
I like the  backing of the style for a Hank Snow song but not sure how I can set
the baking track up. Has anyone had experience using these wma files ?
This file came out with BB2012
Any suggestions how I can use this backing for a backing track I am wanting to make ?

 Denny G

Clifton Davis

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021, 5:46 PM DENNIS <dennismarsh@...> wrote:

I have this =HANKMID.wma file but is there No.sty file for it ?
I like the  backing of the style for a Hank Snow song but not sure how I can set
the baking track up. Has anyone had experience using these wma files ?
This file came out with BB2012
Any suggestions how I can use this backing for a backing track I am wanting to make ?

 Denny G

Away from my computer and I honestly don't remember if that's a BiaB track or an audio format.  Have you tried loading it into RealBand and see what happens (there are some built in styles and it is also possible to do everything in a multitrack melody, though that's kind of rare.) If it still needs a style you can pull it into BiaB and try out styles compatible with straight/swing and 8th/16th timings.

Chuck Wiggins

I have 2021 Ultrapak and there's a =HANKMID style, and this is the audio demo for it. It's a mix of Realtrack bass, drum, and guitar with Midi piano and strings. Here's the description:

Memo: This is the same as the _HANKPS Style, but uses MIDI presets for the piano (from c_blue.sty) and strings (from openg.sty) -Examples: You Never Even Called Me By My Name, Family Tradtion, Genre "Intensity" Score=50/100
=HANKMID.STY. Country Swing w/ MIDI Presets
Real and MIDI. Quintet. Tempo=120 (110-150)
Instruments: El.Bass, M-Ac.Piano, Ac.Guitar, M-Slow Strings, Drums
RD: NashvilleSwing8^5-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat  :Brian Fullen
RT539: Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120 , Byron House
M1: Acoustic Piano
RT372: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120 , Tony King
M50: Slow Strings

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 3:31 PM Clifton Davis <clifdavis@...> wrote:

[...]

Okay, I'm at my computer now.  WMA files are compressed audio files (stand for Windows Media Audio) and as Chuck said it's a demo of the =HANKMID style which was in the Real Track #26 set that was released for late 2011. So unless you got a barebones package, you should have the style.  If you want to use the style to make a backing track, you use the =HANKMID style and if you want to use the WMA demo file itself as part of your backing track, you just pull it into RealBand as an audio and then add whatever else you want to add.

Have we answered you question, Dennis, or is there still something you don't understand?

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 3:10 PM Chuck Wiggins <cwiggins999@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Clifton and Chuck – I have a better understanding of the wma files. I have tried to pull it into RealBand but, as I have not used RB before – which is a terrible admission to make considering I have used BIAB since 2002 – I did not have success it getting it to play. I will have another try today and see how I make out.

Thanks to you both for the time taken to help.

Dennis

[...]

File/Open Special/Open Audio

Actually that will let you open it in either the current Realband or BiaB.  At this point, I'm not sure on older versions.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021, 3:50 PM DENNIS <dennismarsh@...> wrote:

[...]

rob

crazy as this sounds but I only use real band!                                                                                               rob !