TTS-1 Synthesizer and BIAB - Here's where I first read about it and why I send my initial post...

Hayward Martin

I ran across this "Pinned" topic under the Windows version of BIAB subject on the pgmusic.com's forums, posted by Peter Gannon, "PGMusic Staff".

It states...
 "Great sound with Band-in-a-Box - likely better than any MIDI sound you’ve heard before with Band-in-a-Box. The TTS-1 is from Roland and has great sounds, and based on the famous Sound Canvas sounds. That means the sounds are balanced to sound great with existing MIDI styles in Band-in-a-Box, because we’ve always made our styles using the Roland Sound Canvas."

Link to Forum Article...
Here’s a no-brainer ....install Cakewalk and the TTS-1 64 bit (free) - PG Music Forums

Sorry that I didn't remember the mention of Cakewalk in the article.    I just happened to see TTS-1 appear in my BIAB MIDI driver options and hadn't realized it came from my FREE cakewalk DAW at the time.

Arthur Trinchera

Do you have to have Cakewalk to use TTS-1?
Looks like it's listed along with like 100 others that I can't tell if they are being used when I choose them.
I used to use soundfonts and more vsts back in 2011 but can't seem to get it figured out with 2020.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021, 11:12 AM Hayward Martin <haywardmartin@...> wrote:

[...]

No, but there is an earlier thred where several users went through ways of installing it and then being able to remove cakewalk after moving and registering  TTS-1.

It was too complex for me, so I just keep Cakewalk, and use it occasionally.

Just look for previous topics containing TTS-1  should you be brave enough to attempt it.

[...]

buildtofly@...

Hi,

I've found a good midi soundfont & player that's extremely easy to install and works flawlessly in BIAB:

HQ Orchestral Soundfont Collection v3.0.sf2

CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth_2.11.0