Topics

sticky Subscriptions: Why am I receiving these emails? #GroupAdmin

BIAB Moderator

We have moved the BiaB Groups from Yahoo to Groups.io. All the Biab Yahoo Groups members, messages, files etc., of the main group and the two file archive groups have been moved and merged together. In moving members we retained their existing subscriptions ie. Individual emails, digest etc., If you are received an email from BIaB group on groups.io it means that at one time you chose to be a member of and had subscribed to the BiaB groups on Yahoo.

Unfortunately, Yahoo Groups after Neo was introduced, had so many issues, it is quite possible you subscribed and received no email. You are now receiving an email because we have moved to a working group messaging system.

halthz1 .

I do not wish to receive emails but want to stay in the group.
I use band in a box every week .. I'm in a community college jazz band HCC west campus with Joe Locasio instructor.  Look him up lots of cd's and talent.

please keep me in group but no emails.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 9:27 AM BIAB Moderator via Groups.Io <biabgroup=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

We have moved the BiaB Groups from Yahoo to Groups.io. All the Biab Yahoo Groups members, messages, files etc., of the main group and the two file archive groups have been moved and merged together. In moving members we retained their existing subscriptions ie. Individual emails, digest etc., If you are received an email from BIaB group on groups.io it means that at one time you chose to be a member of and had subscribed to the BiaB groups on Yahoo.

Unfortunately, Yahoo Groups after Neo was introduced, had so many issues, it is quite possible you subscribed and received no email. You are now receiving an email because we have moved to a working group messaging system.

BIAB Moderator

Subscription options can be set here:
https://groups.io/g/Band-In-A-Box/editsub

Or send an email from your subscribed email address (No need to visit the group homepage):

To receive plain digests instead of individual messages: Band-In-A-Box+digest@groups.io

To receive plain digests instead of individual messages: Band-In-A-Box+fulldigest@groups.io
To receive full featured digests instead of individual messages: Band-In-A-Box+summary@groups.io
To receive individual messages instead of digests or a summary: Band-In-A-Box+single@groups.io
To only receive special messages: Band-In-A-Box+special@groups.io
To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web): Band-In-A-Box+nomail@groups.io

To receive an email containing a list of these commands: Band-In-A-Box+help@groups.io

Answers to other FAQs can be found here:

User Group Guidelines and Quick Start Guide

icuthber@...

Hi Mr. Moderator (Sorry I cant remember your name)

I have been on the BIAB website for a number of years and have enjoyed dealing with a lot of its members.

So here is my problem. I always used my Gmail email account for BIAB emails. Now since the move to the new group, for some inexplicable reason I’m getting the emails in both my Gmail email account AND my hotmail account.

If I click in the  unsubscribe link on the hotmail emails am I in jeopardy of unsubscribing on the Gmail account also.

Thanks for your help.

Ian ( Cuthbertson)

On Dec 5, 2019, at 11:47 AM, BIAB Moderator via Groups.Io <biabgroup@...> wrote:

[...]

On groups.io each email address subscribed is treated as a separate account. Unsubscribing one will not unsubscribe the other.

If the reason you are receiving two copies is because you only have one email address subscribed but you have set up your email with your email provider (that is nothing to do with this site) to forward to the other then unsubscribing that one email address means it will no longer forward to the other email address.

The easiest thing is probably to unsubscribe, one (or both) and just resubscribe the one you want.