Topics

Recording streaming audio

ben@...

Has anyone recorded streaming audio using Band in a Box?  I can not find a way. I have read that it can be done using Audacity. 

Arthur Trinchera

Hi Ben, 
It's easily done in Audacity and it's free. It might be possible to do in Real Band but haven't tried it yet as I just got Biab 2020 and RB2020. If be interested in this too.
Arthur

David H. Bailey

On 8/22/2020 11:25 AM, ben@... wrote:
Has anyone recorded streaming audio using Band in a Box?  I can not find a way. I have read that it can be done using Audacity.
You can record audio into Band-in-a-Box. Look in the Audio menu and select "Record Audio."

You will need to have the appropriate devices set up in the Options/Midi-Audio Driver Setup dialog.

This isn't really meant for the capture of audio just for general listening, although I don't see why you couldn't do that. Audacity is much better for that sort of thing.

The Audio capability in Band-in-a-Box is more so that for example you want to bring in an awesome guitar solo you want to play on your electric guitar and have that be part of your incredibly great BIAB arrangement of a song you've created. Or record your own vocals with the BIAB arrangement as your backing band, then save it all to an audio file to ship off as a demo somewhere or to burn to a CD to give to your friends and family.

You may end up having to play around a lot to get the balance just right if you want to record along with a BIAB accompaniment file.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey52@...
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

Hayward Martin

Audacity is easy.  Just set to driver to WASAPI and set your input to your speakers in Audacity.  Much easier to edit audio and record live than biab.

From: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io> on behalf of ben@... <ben@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 11:25:46 AM
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io>
Subject: [Band-In-A-Box] Recording streaming audio

Media Production

Much better workflow to use a DAW to record audio tracks--- drag all your BIAB wave stems into a DAW;  Drag your midi files also and assign them to better VSTi plugins in your DAW; record your vocal tracks and guitar tracks  in your DAW; add in all your dynamic processors,  FX’s.  Create a workflow where your DAW is the final stage with BIAB and you will have better production mixes.

Rodger

Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 8:25 AM

Has anyone recorded streaming audio using Band in a Box?  I can not find a way. I have read that it can be done using Audacity. 

dukekish

Bingo!  I have been doing that for years.  It is impractical for most songwriters to have a drummer, bass and rhythm section on hand all the time.  So, band in a box serves that purpose for me.  Once you get a handle on the holds, breaks etc it is a very strong way to do it.  Once everything I need is moved into my daw, the polishing and additional tracks from my voice, guitar and keyboards takes place.  It is simple and works well.

I am doing 50 to 60 song demos a month that way.  I use band in a box to give me basic song style I need.  With RealTracks that is becoming increasingly efficient and professional sounding.

Okie Duke

On 8/22/2020 4:04 PM, Media Production wrote:
Much better workflow to use a DAW to record audio tracks--- drag all your BIAB wave stems into a DAW;  Drag your midi files also and assign them to better VSTi plugins in your DAW; record your vocal tracks and guitar tracks  in your DAW; add in all your dynamic processors,  FX’s.  Create a workflow where your DAW is the final stage with BIAB and you will have better production mixes.

Rodger

Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 8:25 AM

Has anyone recorded streaming audio using Band in a Box?  I can not find a way. I have read that it can be done using Audacity.