Real Tracks (I think!)

Pete Nicholls

On many real tracks that are supposed to have piano, there is no piano to be heard.  The mixer shows the piano, but there is no VU movement. I can mute]unmute that track and the sound doesn't change at all.  I have reset the real tracks to factory default, but still no piano.  It seems like other parts are missing as well if I listen to the preview vs what BIAB plays to the live sheet.  Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Chuck Wiggins

I've never experienced that. Can you give an example? And are you saying that the piano track on specific styles are mute? The real track is the individual instrument track, and I've never seen one that didn't have audio.

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 8:38 AM Pete Nicholls <9532515@...> wrote:
On many real tracks that are supposed to have piano, there is no piano to be heard.  The mixer shows the piano, but there is no VU movement. I can mute]unmute that track and the sound doesn't change at all.  I have reset the real tracks to factory default, but still no piano.  It seems like other parts are missing as well if I listen to the preview vs what BIAB plays to the live sheet.  Any suggestions as to what I should do?

etcjoe

Just an idea, you have to own the particular real track that is called for. You may have styles with a track that is not available to you. Did that make any sense?

Pete Nicholls

It makes sense, but I have not acquired any realtracks from any other source than pg music.

David H. Bailey

On 5/22/2021 8:03 AM, Pete Nicholls wrote:
It makes sense, but I have not acquired any realtracks from any other source than pg music.
With every new version PGMusic adds more realtracks, and real styles. And they make available add-on packs (for an extra $49 or so) which contain additional real tracks and real styles. So perhaps in a newer version, there are styles which require realtracks from a previous version's add-on pack which you might not have purchased.

Chuck Wiggins

Pete, what version (2020/2021??), operating system(Windows/Mac?), and package (Pro/Mega/Ultra) are you running? And can you give the name of a Style where the piano is not working for you? Perhaps that can help us see if we have similar results.

BTW, RealTracks are typically only available from PGMusic, unless you are dealing with some user-created tracks. But there are other vendors for Styles.

etcjoe

Yeah, so my answer was cryptic. Depending on which version of BIAB you have, i.e. Ultra Pak, Audiophile, etc. You may not own all the real tracks that PG Music sells. So the particular piano track you can't hear, may not exist on your system. This is a long shot answer, I am not sure it actually works that way. But I think you could have a style that calls for a particular real track and if you don't own that real track, say you bought the basic BIAB package, which would not include every real track that PG Music sells, then it would be missing, but I am not sure it would load when you load the style and look like it is there but not play, that is why I said it is a long shot.

Look at the name of the real track as loaded then search your real track folder and see if you have it? I don't know, just thought I would give it shot to try to help.

Pete Nicholls

I think the problem is solved ... Apparently, my copy of BIAB became deactivated although the serial number was visible and correct.  A chat session with PGMusic got it back activated and seems to be working properly now.

DENNIS

I currently have the same problem on one of my PC’s