Printer question

Charles Alford

The strangest thing happens when I try to print a "lead sheet" from BIAB. When I try to send a "print" command to my printer (HP Envy)  it goes offline and my computer says it's offline and wont print. I have trouble shoot the printer to get it working again. Oddly enough when I print to a PDF I then can print from the PDF. Does anyone think what might be causing this?

This group has always been a big help in the past. I have recently just installed BIAB 2022 from previously using the 2016 version. In most ways it's better program.

Thanks for any help,

 Buzz Alford
 770-364-0358

Chris Huey

I'd look into updating the printer firmware.

  Chris

On 1/3/2022 12:24 PM, Charles Alford via groups.io wrote:
The strangest thing happens when I try to print a "lead sheet" from BIAB. When I try to send a "print" command to my printer (HP Envy)  it goes offline and my computer says it's offline and wont print. I have trouble shoot the printer to get it working again. Oddly enough when I print to a PDF I then can print from the PDF. Does anyone think what might be causing this?

Williams, Jim

If you’re using Windows, many of the OS updates wrought havoc with printing. I had to undo a Windows 10 update that broke all my HP printers, and I have had to edit the Windows registry to correct a driver error that hosed my 8150.

James C. Williams
Professor Emeritus of Business
Franklin College
Euphonium Player around several towns