Topics

Print to jpg

Arthur Trinchera

Greetings!
I have BIAB 2011. Yes, I know it's old😜😁
I didn't touch it in a few years so trying to relearn it.
I used to be able to print to jpg so that I could email the lead sheets when needed. I still can but cannot find where you choose the folder for the life of me. Anyone know?
Thank you in advance.
Arthur

Eric Dannewitz

Wouldn’t it be better to print to PDF?

On Jul 13, 2020, at 11:24 AM, Arthur Trinchera <a.trinchera@...> wrote:

Greetings!
I have BIAB 2011. Yes, I know it's old😜😁
I didn't touch it in a few years so trying to relearn it.
I used to be able to print to jpg so that I could email the lead sheets when needed. I still can but cannot find where you choose the folder for the life of me. Anyone know?
Thank you in advance.
Arthur

Arthur Trinchera

Indeed but I don't think it this version has the option, but it does let you choose high,medium or low quality. Of course I would use high quality. It was always good enough for printing sheet music. I just can't find the save to folder.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020, 11:28 AM Eric Dannewitz via groups.io <ericdano=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wouldn’t it be better to print to PDF?

On Jul 13, 2020, at 11:24 AM, Arthur Trinchera <a.trinchera@...> wrote:

Greetings!
I have BIAB 2011. Yes, I know it's old😜😁
I didn't touch it in a few years so trying to relearn it.
I used to be able to print to jpg so that I could email the lead sheets when needed. I still can but cannot find where you choose the folder for the life of me. Anyone know?
Thank you in advance.
Arthur

Gary Thompson

Choose Notation>Print>Print Options> Preview graphics.  Then save as a .JPG file

--
Save the earth..... It's the only planet with dark chocolate!
-- Stan

Arthur Trinchera

Gary. Thank you. I got this part but can't figure out where the file is saved. I can't find a folder option. Unfortunately I don't have a printer where I'm set up.
That's why I need to email.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020, 11:34 AM Gary Thompson <johnny@...> wrote:

[...]

David H. Bailey

On 7/13/2020 2:46 PM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
Gary. Thank you. I got this part but can't figure out where the file is saved. I can't find a folder option. Unfortunately I don't have a printer where I'm set up.
That's why I need to email.
[snip]

It's not saved to the folder the song file is stored in?

IAN GRAHAM

I know it's tangential to the main thrust of the thread; but I often find these days, if I want to print from a music software (not only Biab), the most effective way is to take a screen dump and work from that - very easy to eg crop and rotate and resize etc.

Ian G

Wales

UK

On 13/07/2020 19:59, David H. Bailey wrote:
On 7/13/2020 2:46 PM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
Gary. Thank you. I got this part but can't figure out where the file is saved. I can't find a folder option. Unfortunately I don't have a printer where I'm set up.
That's why I need to email.
[snip]

It's not saved to the folder the song file is stored in?

Arthur Trinchera

Thanks Ian. That's a good point!

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020, 12:38 AM IAN GRAHAM via groups.io <idgraham=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
I know it's tangential to the main thrust of the thread; but I often
find these days, if I want to print from a music software (not only
Biab), the most effective way is to take a screen dump and work from
that - very easy to eg crop and rotate and resize etc.

Ian G

Wales

UK

On 13/07/2020 19:59, David H. Bailey wrote:
> On 7/13/2020 2:46 PM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
>> Gary. Thank you. I got this part but can't figure out where the file
>> is saved. I can't find a folder option. Unfortunately I don't have a
>> printer where I'm set up.
>> That's why I need to email.
>>
> [snip]
>
> It's not saved to the folder the song file is stored in?

Ted David <ted.david@...>

Arthur, its not about the version of BiaB you have, its whether you have a PDF maker (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) so that printing ANY document has a PDF option.

"Our gifts are not from God to us, but from God through us to the world." Janice Elsheimer; The Creative Call.

On 7/13/2020 8:13 PM, Ted David via groups.io wrote:
Arthur, its not about the version of BiaB you have, its whether you have a PDF maker (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) so that printing ANY document has a PDF option.
[snip]

There are some great free PDF printers -- just search online. These install as a printer driver, so in any print dialog in any program you can choose the PDF printer and get very nice, easily shared/posted/e-mailed output.

Steve Thomas

Sorry if this has been answered I don't have the whole thread.  But if you're using a Windows platform I know for sure there is a "Microsoft Print to PDF" that should already be installed, and when you 'print' to it a pdf is created. And as David says, there are many others (I've used one called cutePDF before Windows included a free one).

On 7/15/2020 6:44 AM, David H. Bailey wrote:
On 7/13/2020 8:13 PM, Ted David via groups.io wrote:
Arthur, its not about the version of BiaB you have, its whether you have a PDF maker (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) so that printing ANY document has a PDF option.

[snip]

There are some great free PDF printers -- just search online.  These install as a printer driver, so in any print dialog in any program you can choose the PDF printer and get very nice, easily shared/posted/e-mailed output.

--

               Steve Thomas, EMT-P
                Executive Director

Arthur Trinchera

I appreciate all the replies!! Thank you so much. The bit the nobody has answered is where the folder is located.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020, 8:59 AM Steve Thomas <stevet@...> wrote:

[...]

Arthur ...

When you click on OK (to save), BB opens a file save dialog. Click in the Save file box, at the top, this will open a complete file explorer to navigate where you want the .JPG file to be saved.

On 7/15/2020 11:02 AM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
[...]

Most of the programs will pop up a dialog and ask you where you want to put it.  But if they don't, check in your default folder where things go that you don't specify.  Often that's a My Documents folder or just Documents.

[...]

tmnnx@...

Hello,

How about doing a search for one of the titles you saved?  That should give you the name of the folder it is in and the path to that folder.

TAL

On Jul 15, 2020, at 9:02 AM, Arthur Trinchera <a.trinchera@...> wrote:

[...]

Frank Curran

Hi there,

It’s been quite awhile ago but I think I remember using a free app called
CutePDF Writer. It worked pretty well.

--Frank

On Jul 15, 2020, at 4:44 AM, David H. Bailey <dhbailey52@...> wrote:

On 7/13/2020 8:13 PM, Ted David via groups.io wrote:
Arthur, its not about the version of BiaB you have, its whether you have a PDF maker (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) so that printing ANY document has a PDF option.
[snip]

There are some great free PDF printers -- just search online. These install as a printer driver, so in any print dialog in any program you can choose the PDF printer and get very nice, easily shared/posted/e-mailed output.

rkl122

In the Windows Explorer navigation pane, have you checked the folder called "pictures?"

I appreciate all the replies!! Thank you so much. The bit the nobody has answered is where the folder is located.

Arthur Trinchera

I want to thank everyone. Doing a search in bb folder for .jpg files helped. Also finally got the save dialogue after final ok but was looking for it before. Also copy to clip board can work. There is no save as pdf unfortunately but I'm all good for now.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020, 12:46 PM rkl122 <rkl122@...> wrote:
In the Windows Explorer navigation pane, have you checked the folder called "pictures?"

I appreciate all the replies!! Thank you so much. The bit the nobody has answered is where the folder is located.

Ted David <ted.david@...>

Hate to say this but, given how many posts have been made on Trinchard's issue, and he still doesn't understand that he needs to PRINT (to PDF) not SAVE (as JPG), maybe it's time to move on.

On Thursday, July 16, 2020 Frank Curran via groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io> wrote:

Hi there,

It’s been quite awhile ago but I think I remember using a free app called
CutePDF Writer. It worked pretty well.

--Frank

> On Jul 15, 2020, at 4:44 AM, David H. Bailey <dhbailey52@...> wrote:
>
> On 7/13/2020 8:13 PM, Ted David via groups.io wrote:
>> Arthur, its not about the version of BiaB you have, its whether you have a PDF maker (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) so that printing ANY document has a PDF option.
> [snip]
>
> There are some great free PDF printers -- just search online.  These install as a printer driver, so in any print dialog in any program you can choose the PDF printer and get very nice, easily shared/posted/e-mailed output.
>

> --
> *****
> David H. Bailey
> dhbailey52@...