Performing with BIAB

Rusty Perez <davipere@...>

Hi folks,
I'm a new subscriber and a new BIAB user.
I purchased the program because I was recently conscripted to lead praise
and worship music for a ten day church event about 1800 miles away from
home. Thus, I don't know the availability of musicians to perform with.
So, I bought BIAB and plan to arrange the music and play my guitar and sing
along with BIAB.

First of all, is there any one else doing something similar?
Also, is there any way to create a half bar or one beat pickup fill on the
drums? I know I can have a count in or lead in using the fills ETC, but
that's two measures, I don't want that much. I just want a hint at the
timing, and I can't be staring at the computer screen. I want maybe one
measure at the most. Any ideas?

Those are my only questions for now.
Thanks for any help.
Rusty

David H. Bailey <dhbailey@...>

You can create a rest for any or all instruments on any beat.

So start your song on measure 2 with a part marker (either blue or green), in the first half of measure 1 place any chord followed by a period (e.g. C. ) which tells all the instruments to rest. Then in the second half of measure 1 place the chord again with the dot and a d (e.g. C.d ) which tells all the instruments EXCEPT the drum to rest.

That would give you two beats of drum fill. If you want only one beat of drum fill, place a comma in front of the second chord (e.g. ,C.d ).
If you want a beat and a half place a comma AND a ^ in front of the chord (e.g. ,^C.d ) -- the ^ tells the program to have the chord start an 8th-note's worth early.

Hope this helps.

David H. Bailey

Rusty Perez wrote:

[...]

JIM MILLER

HI Rusty,

I do a lot pf perfoming using BIAB only, so feel free
to email me directly with questions.
jemiller@wat.midco.net
Rusty Perez wrote:
[...]

Yahoo! Domains Claim yours for only $14.70/year

bsfdl <rgmusic@...>

Jim, would it be possible to share your insights into using BIAB for live
situations with the list? I'm very interested in this and would rather use
BIAB alone and have the availability of instant key and tempo changes if
needed.

Thanks

Rusty Perez wrote:
[...]

Robert B Pickett <rbpickett@...>

Well, let me put in my two cents. On my old Toshiba laptop, I find it
more reliable to use Cakewalk in live situations. BiaB has some
peculiarities that might occasionally cause minor problems. So I convert
the BiaB files to MIDI files.
Enjoy, and have a great day.
Bob P

On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:24:33 -0400 "bsfdl" <rgmusic@sympatico.ca> writes:

Jim, would it be possible to share your insights into using BIAB for
live
situations with the list? I'm very interested in this and would
rather use
BIAB alone and have the availability of instant key and tempo
changes if
needed.

Thanks

Rusty Perez <davipere@...>

Hi Jim,
When performing, do you play another instrument along with BIAB?
Do you use the juke box feature to have songs play consecutively?

Thanks
Rusty

I do a lot pf perfoming using BIAB only, so feel free to email me directly
with questions.

Rusty Perez <davipere@...>

Hi Bob,
What sorts of peculiarities do you notice with BIAB on your laptop?
How fast is the machine?
What version of BIAB are you using?

Thanks!
Rusty