From: Bryanmorciglio@... via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 3:47 PM
To: main@band-in-a-box.groups.io
Subject: [Band-In-A-Box] Percussion musician

I play congas for looking years, still trying but no answer I love music and I can play any music I have the Beat, looking to play music with a serious producer. In the Music business.

David H. Bailey

Please take this conversation private -- it's not germane to BAIB or RealBand issues.

Thank you,
David H. Bailey
(wearing my moderator's hat)

Can you share any samples of your conga playing—You Tube, Sound Cloud, Beat Stars??
Rodger
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

David H. Bailey <dhbailey@...>

Please take this conversation private -- it's not germane to BAIB or RealBand issues.

Thank you,
David H. Bailey
(wearing my moderator's hat)

Can you share any samples of your conga playing—You Tube, Sound Cloud, Beat Stars??
Rodger
I play congas for looking years, still trying but no answer I love music and I can play any music I have the Beat, looking to play music with a serious producer. In the Music business.
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

Media Production

Sorry, I thought it was ok to collaborate with other BIAB composers.

R-

dhbailey@...

http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

Media Production

PS—thought he might have BIAB productions with his congas—that would be a real treat.   There is not enough sharing of original productions IMHO ; )

R-

Please take this conversation private -- it's not germane to BAIB or

RealBand issues.

Thank you,

David H. Bailey

(wearing my moderator's hat)

On 3/4/2021 8:04 PM, Media Production wrote:

> Can you share any samples of your conga playing—You Tube, Sound Cloud,

> Beat Stars??

> Rodger

Leighton Cooper

I hate to say it, but while it's easy to accumlate drum samples, the actual acquiring of patterns I seem to be having a hard time for example finding drum patterns for Battery.  There is groove monkee, looploft, where are people acquiring their midi loops from?  Also battery follows a non GM standard meaning that we have to learn how to write our own drum maps.  Have you tried that in Biab, I guess I just gave myself homework.   Good luck
Oh the other aspect I think it has to do with styles.  You could use autochord wizard and load in Bands with conga's and practice counting.  Some beats are 2 bar beats, but that's part of practice is learning to distinguish between 1 bar beats, vs 2 bar beats ect.  and then you can change the tempo to slow it down so you can count it correctly.  Peter Gannon does a video explaining how to use that in the beginners video section.  Good Luck