Topics

New poll for Band-in-a-Box reply to RICHARD WHITEHOUSE

vstguy@...

From: Richard Whitehouse <rsw@a...>
Date: Tue Feb 13, 2001 1:16pm
Subject: Re: [Band-in-a-Box] New poll for Band-in-a-Box

>To vote, please visit the following web page:

I went there and tried to vote, but the site wanted me to "join". What is
with this current mania for making people join web pages all over the
place? I have way too many usernames and passwords to keep track of allready.

My policy is, if the site wants me to 'sign up', or 'join', I'm gone.

Richard

I agree with you Richard.

A very easy work around to this current policy to sign up or join by using a very obnoxious username.
phony address and fictitious "personal" information plus the same password at all those sites. The
computers at the sign sites are not very smart at verifying fictious from real information.

We all know that these sign in sites are simply to attact visits and hopefully sell some advertising.