New Patch for BIAB 2021

Hayward Martin

Patch Version 825 Now Available...

PG Music - Band-in-a-Box for Windows Updates

Hayward Martin

Just tried the patch and I’m thrilled so far.   They actually fixed the Mixer crazies! 

The faders act like 2020 version and hold the level changes that I make (at least so far)!   

I might actually be able to use this version and not have to keep reverting to 2020.

I hope that I’m not speaking too soon!

Hayward

Sent: Saturday, March 6, 2021 9:30 AM
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io
Subject: [Band-In-A-Box] New Patch for BIAB 2021

Patch Version 825 Now Available...

PG Music - Band-in-a-Box for Windows Updates

Alisdair MacRae Birch

I recommend downloading the patch directly from PGMusic site rather than using the drop down Help>Check For Updates within BIAB.
Some users have reported that Help>Check For Updates reports "Band-In-A-Box For Windows is Up to Date" when in fact it is not.

-A

David H. Bailey

On 3/6/2021 12:47 PM, Alisdair MacRae Birch via groups.io wrote:
I recommend downloading the patch directly from PGMusic site rather than using the drop down Help>Check For Updates within BIAB.
Some users have reported that Help>Check For Updates reports "Band-In-A-Box For Windows is Up to Date" when in fact it is not.
That's great advice, Alisdair!

I've noticed that with the past several updates for BIAB2021. I think that's because whatever hooks BIAB uses to check at the web-site need some time to filter through the system before it will stop saying it's up to date and will actually mention the new update.

But since we have to close BIAB to actually install the update, it's just as easy to close BIAB first, use a browser to download and then install the update, before re-opening BIAB.

One issue I wish they would fix is the constant need to rebuild the Styles list after every update. I understand that the updates may improve some of the styles files, but if there aren't any actual new styles added I think it's crazy that we have to rebuild the list every time.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey52@comcast.net
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com