Topics

New BIAB egroup membe

jazzlon10@...

Hi, BIABoppers,
I'm a grad student at CSU-Long Beach writing my thesis on the unique teaching
methodology of the great jazz performer and educator, Bobby Shew. I haven't
been using BIAB too much lately. In the past, my main use was manually
entering lead sheets so that I could transpose for vocalists who sing with my
combo. I am considering a scanner to eliminate hand entry. I'd appreciate any
input on the type of scanner to buy and what experience anybody has had with
scanners. I have BIAB 98 and have been considering upgrading to 2001, but the
price seems pretty steep. Are there practical advantages to upgrading that
you could share with me?

Lon Argabright
Long Beach, CA