Topics

Music Book Sources

alisdair@...

If you are ever looking for music sources a useful resource is Andy
Robinson's Fake Book Index:

http://www.seventhstring.co.uk/fbindex.html

It is a search page which enables you to find (mostly jazz) tunes
in fake books. It has the indexes of (currently) 26 fake books and
you simply type all or part of the title you are looking for and
hit "Search", and it tells you which books contain this title. You
can tell it which books to search (for instance, to search just the
books you own) and you can have it remember your book list for next
time you visit.

---alisdair

--- In Band-in-a-Box@y..., jimlil00@e... wrote:
Any have a BIB file for Art Blakey's Moanin?
I have seen various changes for this, but it never seems correct.
Perhaps the tune is in the Files under M songs?
Thanks, and by the way Alisdair, this is another great idea!

I have had BIB for about two yeas and my playing has improved
dramatically. Whenever I am bored or uninspired I let the soliost
create a solo and I learn it.

Bob 'Notes' Norton <norton@...>

At 10:14 PM 1/26/01 +0000, alisdair@... wrote:
If you are ever looking for music sources a useful resource is Andy
Robinson's Fake Book Index:

http://www.seventhstring.co.uk/fbindex.html

It is a search page which enables you to find (mostly jazz) tunes
in fake books.

I also can get almost any Fake book published. I also will offer this discount:

Purchase 1 book, your discount is 10% *
Purchase 2 books, your discount is 15% *
Purchase 3 or more books, your discount is 20% *

   * Plus shipping and insurance

If you are in the UK I suggest you use the above link, as shipping overseas can often cost more than the value of the book (I just shipped a book to the Netherlands, the book cost $35 and UPS charged $60, the Post office would have charged about $30 but the customer wanted UPS)

If you can find the book in your own country, or at least in your own continent, that would be the best way to do. International and especially overseas shipping costs are very high. If you cannot get the book in your own country and want to go the expensive shipping costs, I will be glad to do what I can.

If you are in the USA, you can save money by going through me (Norton Music). I'll add to the discounted book price, the shipping and insurance fee (plus tax if you live in Florida). In the USA, I can send books for "Book Rate" or "Bound Printed Matter" via the US Postal service, often for less than $3.00 for up to 4 pounds of books.

If you only want one book and it doesn't cost too much, it might be cheapest to go to your local music store. Shipping can often offset the discount I offer for one music book. (for example if the book is $19.95, I'll sell it to you for $17.95 but the shipping will be $2.50.) If you want an expensive book ($30 and up) or more than one book, it might be cheaper to go through me.

Check out http://www.nortonmusic.com and then scroll down to Item 3.02 in the table of contents -- Norton's M.O.M. (Mail Order Music). Even if your desired book is not listed there, you can send me the Title, Author and Publisher and I can get it.

Please excuse the self serving plug, but I think I can save other members of this group some money. I hope I have represented the Non-Norton Music options fairly and gave you enough information to make a better decision, even if that means not buying from me.

Bob "Notes" Norton
owner, Norton Music
norton@...

FREE Midi Files ... Band-in-a-Box improvement software ... links to MIDI file search pages ... download and print sheet music directly from the web ... a few jokes to brighten your day ... and some way cool stuff of interest to musicians!!!