Multitracker, the App

Bud Siemering

I've been using this App to accompany my piano and sax playing. I process my BIAB songs by rendering each track to a wav format then share each track via "air drop" to my iPad and place the song/tracks in Multitracker. My goal is to play at the old folks home (at age 76 :)). I'm close. I strongly recommend this App as it is easy to use and you have complete control over the volume of each tracks/instruments. You can make multiple sets.
Just wondering if anyone else uses this and looking for any ideas to improve my process.
This is my first topic as I am a new member to the group here but have been using BIAB for probably 10 years.
Budman

Arthur Trinchera

Hi Bud, I'm trying to do what you are doing. Are you referring to the app j4t multitracking or is it just called multitracker?
Arthur

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021, 8:40 AM Bud Siemering <Budmanvet@...> wrote:
I've been using this App to accompany my piano and sax playing. I process my BIAB songs by rendering each track to a wav format then share each track via "air drop" to my iPad and place the song/tracks in Multitracker. My goal is to play at the old folks home (at age 76 :)). I'm close. I strongly recommend this App as it is easy to use and you have complete control over the volume of each tracks/instruments. You can make multiple sets.
Just wondering if anyone else uses this and looking for any ideas to improve my process.
This is my first topic as I am a new member to the group here but have been using BIAB for probably 10 years.
Budman

Bo Stottlemyer

I also use BIAB but mainly to  supplement my recordings where I play some of the instruments and use BIAB to "fill in the blanks".  I use the audiophile version and export each track as wave file into Sonar Producer.  Sometimes I go a step further and film a music video.  Here's an example from my latest album:
Bo Stottlemyer

Frank Curran

Awesome! Keep on rockin Bo….

--Frank Curran

On Aug 20, 2021, at 5:44 AM, Bo Stottlemyer <bstottlemyer@...> wrote:

I also use BIAB but mainly to  supplement my recordings where I play some of the instruments and use BIAB to "fill in the blanks".  I use the audiophile version and export each track as wave file into Sonar Producer.  Sometimes I go a step further and film a music video.  Here's an example from my latest album:
Bo Stottlemyer

Steven G

Wow nice!

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021, 9:17 AM Frank Curran via groups.io <funguitar=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Awesome! Keep on rockin Bo….

--Frank Curran

On Aug 20, 2021, at 5:44 AM, Bo Stottlemyer <bstottlemyer@...> wrote:

I also use BIAB but mainly to  supplement my recordings where I play some of the instruments and use BIAB to "fill in the blanks".  I use the audiophile version and export each track as wave file into Sonar Producer.  Sometimes I go a step further and film a music video.  Here's an example from my latest album:
Bo Stottlemyer

Ron Kassof

Thanks. An alternative app I've used is called Prime (https://loopcommunity.com/en-us/prime). It's free and seems to be oriented towards the worship music community but it's really great for any live or band situation.Definitely worth checking out.

Lee Griffith

Outstanding Bo! I enjoyed your song.
-Lee

On Aug 20, 2021, at 8:44 AM, Bo Stottlemyer <bstottlemyer@...> wrote:

I also use BIAB but mainly to  supplement my recordings where I play some of the instruments and use BIAB to "fill in the blanks".  I use the audiophile version and export each track as wave file into Sonar Producer.  Sometimes I go a step further and film a music video.  Here's an example from my latest album:
Bo Stottlemyer

Wayne (Reed) Knazek

Suggestion: Once you have your mix nailed, if you convert the .wav into an MP3,
the size will be about 10% of what the .wav file is.

If you have a couple dozen .wavs, and the same tunes as MP3s, the size difference is HUGE!

So you're using a LOT less memory. Reduce the chances of LAG. Load time will be much
less.

Also, check out an app called minilyrics. It's a lyrics scroller. Type out your lyrics, chord
changes, queues, etc.. Load them into minilyrics. Then sinc the lyrics to the track. EZPZ!

I personally use iTunes to play my MP3 backing tracks live. Laptop runs into a peripheral
sound card. Half the screen is iTunes, the other half is minilyrics. The lyrics load with the MP3s.
I make play lists (set lists) in iTunes. I picked up a 3 pedal that you can assign to any keyboard
functions. So I have one that's my mouse to scroll down my list. One is the space bar so it can
start or stop the tracks. And the other is the ENTER key, to select a track. With my feet.

I set my play lists on auto play. Have the songs in the order I want to play them. Hit START,
and just go tune to tune with no delays! And I can hit the middle pedal any time to stop a track
before it starts if I need to change guitars, or what ever. Then step on PLAY when ready to go again.

No hands!

I have several hundred backing tracks loaded in iTunes. I have a couple dozen play lists. So I
can pick an appropriate set list for any gig. I also have a set list for each genre'. So one big list
(in alpha order) with about 80 Blues tunes. One for Jazz. One for Country. Rock. Latin Rock.
SURF, Etc. So if I get a request I can get to it quickly.

Just some ideas. Got questions? Just ask! : )

Luis Domín

Love your song, love Elvis, love rockabilly. Where I can hear the full album?

El viernes, 20 de agosto de 2021 09:44:44 ART, Bo Stottlemyer <bstottlemyer@...> escribió:

I also use BIAB but mainly to  supplement my recordings where I play some of the instruments and use BIAB to "fill in the blanks".  I use the audiophile version and export each track as wave file into Sonar Producer.  Sometimes I go a step further and film a music video.  Here's an example from my latest album:
Bo Stottlemyer

Arthur Trinchera

Looks cool, unfortunately it's only for i users.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021, 6:36 AM Ron Kassof <ronkmd@...> wrote:
Thanks. An alternative app I've used is called Prime (https://loopcommunity.com/en-us/prime). It's free and seems to be oriented towards the worship music community but it's really great for any live or band situation.Definitely worth checking out.

E.J. K.

Lately most people posting Youtube clips of themselve have been really awful... but this is the exception, Bo.  Sound really good and  yuo give a good show!
EJK

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 07:44:17 -0500, "Bo Stottlemyer" <bstottlemyer@...> wrote:

I also use BIAB but mainly to  supplement my recordings where I play some of the instruments and use BIAB to "fill in the blanks".  I use the audiophile version and export each track as wave file into Sonar Producer.  Sometimes I go a step further and film a music video.  Here's an example from my latest album:
Bo Stottlemyer

Bud Siemering

Just multitracker. Frequently confused with the other

Bo Stottlemyer

Thank you for positive feedback.  I appreciate it.

Bo Stottlemyer

As Elvis would say, "Thank you very much".

Bo Stottlemyer

The album is on all the streaming and download sites.  I think it's also on YouTube at

wolfgang.flandorfer@...

I use for a similar scenario the free App Bandlab (available for IOS , Android and Windows (bandlab.com in the browser)) which looks at the first look like not made for the more conservative BIAB user with a lot of hiphop, etc music.
But I use the very nice DAW function in private mode. It is easy to drag and drop Biab tracks (I use mp3) into the Bandlab tracks in the browser and to mix the tracks and add many different effects like reverb, etc. At the end of the process exists a very nice mastering functionality to produce the final MP3 file. Bandlab stores all tracks its own cloud, but its easy to download the tracks to my own discs if needed. The advantage for me is that I can freely change from the smartphone/tablet APP to the Windows functionality which runs very nice in the browser on a big screen (I use chrome from Google). The functionality of the smartphone and desktop (browser) applications is very similar. A further advantage is that I can share songs with a closed group of people (they call it a band) where everybody can contribute to the song. Every change of something creates a new release - so nothing can be lost.

I am since many years BIAB user (74 years old...) and found this Bandlab (nor really made for old guys) a very nice extension to my BIAB possibilities. It is much more easy to use than Realband and it runs on all my devices.

Wolfgang from Austria