Topics

Midi setup on new computer

sqig10@...

Hi...I just got a new computer . My old computer worked with BB just fine with the same setup as I now have. I have a focusrite 2x6 USB ASIO SOUNDCARD. This works fine with my DAW /Reaper but I can’t get BB to recognize it, in the midi preferences. Even when I try to set the driver as an ASIO DRIVER BBtells me it cant set the ASIO driver up, “perhaps it is not installed properly” which is clearly not the case as it works fine on everything else.
i can’t get any sound out of BB although the mixed is showing the sounds are being sent. I’ve tried to use midmapper and Microsoft soundcard but they won’t work because my speakers are attached to the Focusrite, not the rear internal audio outputs.
Can anyone help me?
thank you in anticipation!

ALAN SANDEMAN

Are you able to play convention sounds like YouTube through the computer or is that not working either?

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 02:21:26 p.m. EDT, sqig10@... <sqig10@...> wrote:

Hi...I just got a new computer . My old computer worked with BB just fine with the same setup as I now have. I have a focusrite 2x6 USB ASIO SOUNDCARD. This works fine with my DAW /Reaper but I can’t get BB to recognize it, in the midi preferences. Even when I try to set the driver as an ASIO DRIVER BBtells me it cant set the ASIO driver up, “perhaps it is not installed properly” which is clearly not the case as it works fine on everything else.
i can’t get any sound out of BB although the mixed is showing the sounds are being sent. I’ve tried to use midmapper and Microsoft soundcard but they won’t work because my speakers are attached to the Focusrite, not the rear internal audio outputs.
Can anyone help me?
thank you in anticipation!

sqig10@...

All other audio works just fine, including you tube. BB just doesn’t even acknowledge the Focusrite exists, never mind not accepting the ASIO driver as being installed properly.

sqig10@...

Alan had me check the Focusrite was installed correctly. It had been working fine for weeks but it was mysteriously not connected now. So I rebooted it and it’s working now. Thank you Alan, I would have considered that given my experience of good sound to date on other software.

Carl Moon <carl.moon@...>

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 06:21 PM, <sqig10@...> wrote:
Hi...I just got a new computer . My old computer worked with BB just fine with the same setup as I now have. I have a focusrite 2x6 USB ASIO SOUNDCARD. This works fine with my DAW /Reaper but I can’t get BB to recognize it, in the midi preferences. Even when I try to set the driver as an ASIO DRIVER BBtells me it cant set the ASIO driver up, “perhaps it is not installed properly” which is clearly not the case as it works fine on everything else.
i can’t get any sound out of BB although the mixed is showing the sounds are being sent. I’ve tried to use midmapper and Microsoft soundcard but they won’t work because my speakers are attached to the Focusrite, not the rear internal audio outputs.
Can anyone help me?
thank you in anticipation!

 Hi,
Here is a video explaining how to set up midi. I hope it helps you.
Carl

https://youtu.be/8m-Gga3gFFk