MegaPAK or UltraPAK

TAKASHI FURUKAWA

Dear all,

I’m upgrading from V2010 Pro to MegaPAK or UltraPAK, but cannot decide which version is better suit my needs.

I’ll do two thing with B.B.

  1. Play back track and play trumpet for practice.

I have many MGU and SGx files.

I will record the back track to Zoom 16 into 2 tracks and record my play.

  1. To make my compositions into a organized music.

Arrangement for intro and ending, choose style and finish it like a real play.

I need to create the back ground track in jazz scene or classical orchestration.

I am seeking your advice to choose MegaPAK or UltraPAK.

The price of UltraPAK is almost 2 times more than MegaPAK.

For my needs, the price of UltraPAK is worth or not. This is my question.

Thank you,

Takashi Furukawa

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Leighton Cooper

This depends on how you do upgrades.  If Ultrapack is hard for you to buy, wait until middle of december when the new version comes out , they always offer a half price discount.  That's when I upgrade.  Otherwise if you need it right now pay the full price.  The Ultra versions include real drums and real tracks, as well as supermidi demonstrations.  I am still on v 2020 and I haven't explored all of it yet.  You are making an investment into the history of Jazz with Biab, so I would go with ultra.

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 10:06:53 PM PDT, TAKASHI FURUKAWA <furukawa.tf@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much for your advice.

[...]

David H. Bailey

On 3/16/2021 1:06 AM, TAKASHI FURUKAWA wrote:
Dear all,
I’m upgrading from V2010 Pro to MegaPAK or UltraPAK, but cannot decide which version is better suit my needs.
I’ll do two thing with B.B.
1. Play back track and play trumpet for practice.
I have many MGU and SGx files.
I will record the back track to Zoom 16 into 2 tracks and record my play.
2. To make my compositions into a organized music.
Arrangement for intro and ending, choose style and finish it like a real play.
I need to create the back ground track in jazz scene or classical orchestration.
I am seeking your advice to choose MegaPAK or UltraPAK.
The price of UltraPAK is almost 2 times more than MegaPAK.
For my needs, the price of UltraPAK is worth or not. This is my question.
[snip]

You get the most content with the UltraPak. Don't worry about the UltraPak+ version and if you're not an audiophile don't worry about the Audiophile version.

Here's a link to the comparison chart of the versions at the pgmusic.com website:
<https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm>
Scroll down until you can see the two tables which show the comparison between the versions. Especially notice the huge difference in "Hours of Studio Recording" between the MegaPak and the UltraPak versions.

I second the other recommendations to go with the UltraPak.

Regarding the suggestion that you might want to wait until the middle of December for the new version, when there is a sale, to upgrade from your current 2010 version Pro to what should be BIAB2022 UltraPak will still be a huge investment. As it is, upgrading from a 2010 version to the 2021 version will cost you $299 (plus shipping if you want the hard-disk version) and you'll be able to start using the many improvements and huge number of new realstyles since 2010.

You should definitely contact PGMusic to be certain of what your upgrade price will be. Usually the upgrade prices are for people who upgrade from the same version, so upgrading from UltraPak2020 to UltraPak2021. If you're upgrading from a different version that may be what's included in their term 'crossgrade' but only when you speak to someone at pgmusic will you know for sure. Or it might become apparent when you try to place your order online.

Good luck!