Topics

How to use the SGU Files ? #BiaB2020

Mwgkeys

I just purchased BIAB 2020 Audiophile for Mac.
I was excited to see all of the jazz files available to download.
Ive downloaded a couple to try out.  The chord changes load fine.  However the styles aren't quite what I would like.
I particularly like some of the Terry Clarke Real Drums and Ive selected a  style to play the All The Things You Are file I downloaded
However, I am not getting a bass line to play....Im a piano player and am looking to use BIAB for bass and drums to play along with on gigs.....

How do I use the downloaded chord charts and the Real styles I like together ?

thank you !

Hayward Martin

You can select a style that's close and change the bass and drums to the real tracks that you prefer.  There are many biab tutorial videos on YouTube.

From: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io> on behalf of Mwgkeys <mwgkeys@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 4:02:23 PM
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io>
Subject: [Band-In-A-Box] How to use the SGU Files ? #BiaB2020

Ive downloaded a couple to try out.  The chord changes load fine.  However the styles aren't quite what I would like.
I particularly like some of the Terry Clarke Real Drums and Ive selected a  style to play the All The Things You Are file I downloaded
However, I am not getting a bass line to play....Im a piano player and am looking to use BIAB for bass and drums to play along with on gigs.....

thank you !

David H. Bailey

On 5/11/2020 4:02 PM, Mwgkeys wrote:
Make sure that the styles you are trying are all Real Styles and not styles which have a combination of Real and Midi instruments.

If you pick a style that has MIDI instruments you need to use a midi device for output or a softsynth such as Coyote.

You can substitute real instruments for midi instruments, so you can still make use of some of those mixed styles.

For what you're trying to do can I suggest that in the StylePicker window you select Real Styles Only to begin with?

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey52@...
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

Lee Griffith <ldgriff@...>

As a piano player you might try this style for “All the Things You Are.”  It has the intro and ending programmed in.

-Lee

On May 11, 2020, at 1:02 PM, Mwgkeys <mwgkeys@...> wrote:

thank you !

etcjoe

What style are you referring to? If you tried to attach a file they are stripped from posts. It has to be put in the files area.

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:30 PM, Lee Griffith <ldgriff@...> wrote:
As a piano player you might try this style for “All the Things You Are.”  It has the intro and ending programmed in.

-Lee

thank you !

Lee Griffith

Ahhh…thank you. I will place it in the files area if I can figure out where that is located. :)

-Lee

On May 13, 2020, at 7:48 AM, etcjoe <joebradley62@...> wrote:

What style are you referring to? If you tried to attach a file they are stripped from posts. It has to be put in the files area.

-Lee

thank you !

Hayward Martin

I used RLSINATR.STY (Sinatra w. Real Instuments), which I think was included with BIAB.    Hayward

Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 11:13 AM
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] How to use the SGU Files ? #BiaB2020

Ahhh…thank you. I will place it in the files area if I can figure out where that is located. :)

-Lee

On May 13, 2020, at 7:48 AM, etcjoe <joebradley62@...> wrote:

-Lee

thank you !