Topics

How do they do it?

danadler@...

Does anyone have any ideas how BIAB actually implements the 'soloist'
and 'melodist' features, especially in the different styles.

From a computer science point of view, there have been a zillion PhD
on the topic of algorithmically generating Jazz Improvisations and
melodies, but I think what BIAB actually does is way beyond what
anyone else has even dreamed of.

Any white papers? Conference papers? Anything describing the inner
workings of this feature? Is there an API? Can 3rd parties create a
new 'soloist'?

-Dan

Bob 'Notes' Norton <norton@...>

At 06:47 PM 1/24/01 +0000, danadler@... wrote:

Can 3rd parties create a
new 'soloist'?

According to PG music, the answer is "No"

If anyone ever figures out how, I also would be interested.

Bob "Notes" Norton
owner, Norton Music
norton@...

FREE Midi Files ... Band-in-a-Box improvement software ... links to MIDI file search pages ... download and print sheet music directly from the web ... a few jokes to brighten your day ... and some way cool stuff of interest to musicians!!!