Topics

How Can I Make My Song Endings More Natural?

Carl Moon <carl.moon@...>

In Band-In-A-Box, How Can I Make My Song Endings More Natural? Can I Hold The Last Chord In The Song And Have It Fade Out? Find the answer here

https://prezhost.com/2020/04/30/in-band-in-a-box-how-can-i-make-my-song-endings-more-natural-can-i-hold-the-last-chord-in-the-song-and-have-it-fade-out/

kesguitar

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know who prezhost.com is?  I don't like clicking on links I'm not familiar with.
Chris

Don Johnston

Never heard of it! Sorry Chris

Don Johnston
International Centennial Lions Club Member
& Past President of
The Streetsville Founders' Bread and Honey Festival
 Band member of:

On Saturday, May 9, 2020, 12:00:34 p.m. EDT, kesguitar <chris.knowles@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know who prezhost.com is?  I don't like clicking on links
I'm not familiar with.
Chris

Roy Robinson

Nice and Thanks   this is a helpful solution
my endings were always the auto 2 bar version and I wanted a single sustained ending

Joe Muscara

Don't go to that site. The first time I went to it, it loaded correctly momentarily and then it redirected to one of those bogus "Your Flash Player is Out of Date" warning pages. I don't even have Flash Player installed on my computer yet the warnings were made to look like they came from Flash Player.

So, just for you guys, I went back to the page and selected some pertinent text and did a search. The first result turned up the exact same article published on the Sweetwater knowledgebase. https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/band-box-make-song-endings-more-natural-hold-last/

I don't know what this site is, if they have any original content, if the Flash Player warning was a scam or if the site has been hacked, but I don't think it's worth visiting and the mod may even want to ban him and/or remove the links. I will check the others the same way in a moment.

Joe Muscara

I have checked the other articles he linked to. Every single one of them is already in the Sweetwater knowledgebase. Most of them led me to that Flash Player Out of Date page. I don't know if Carl's account was hacked, if he's a real person, if prezhost is a real site or if it's a scam or it was hacked, but what appears to be useful info is really available elsewhere and actually belongs to them, not prezhost.

Be warned.

Roy Robinson

ah
thanks for the sleuthing Joe.
I would prefer to have the Sweetwater reference

David H. Bailey <dhbailey@...>

I've clicked on the links several times over the past month or so and have suffered no ill effects. I did *not* click on any links which appeared on the pages with the tutorials I checked out.

The links are to short tutorials about different aspects of BIAB.

Not particularly helpful if you're not interested in what the subject is, but helpful if you can't figure something out.

One of our members has already mentioned that at least one of the tutorials was helpful for him.

David H. Bailey

On 5/9/2020 12:00 PM, kesguitar wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know who prezhost.com is?  I don't like clicking on links I'm not familiar with.
Chris
dhbailey@...
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

kesguitar

Thanks to everyone for their views.  Being in the UK I was not aware of Sweetwater, but having visited their website, and in particular the SweetCare resource, I'm happy to get the information from there.

Kind regards

Chris

Bob Eldridge

On my Windows 10 computer (with only the built-in Windows Defender anti virus), I did not have the same experience.  The page loaded correctly and it did not have any Flash Player messages.  I don't know if it makes a difference, but I use the Google Chrome browser.

[...]

Bob Schilling

Folks why are you not going directly to the Band In A Box web site Support\FAQs section (https://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq.htm ).  They have all the content you’re citing on Sweetwater and several of the articles have been updated.

[...]

Doh !
Bob you are so right.  (Banging my head) Why didn't I think of that!

love this BiaB group