Topics

Having trouble

Bob 'Notes' Norton <norton@...>

Ever since Yahoo took over, I'm having trouble signing on. I am testing to
see if I can post anyway.

Is anybody else having trouble?

Bob "Notes" Norton
owner, Norton Music
norton@...
http://www.nortonmusic.com

FREE Midi Files ... Band-in-a-Box improvement software ... links to MIDI
file search pages ... download and print sheet music directly from the web
... a few jokes to brighten your day ... and some way cool stuff of
interest to musicians!!!

alisdair@...

Hi Bob

Well your post came through OK. I've spent quite sometime on this
conversion over the last week and hope there is not too much trouble.
The database has been on and offline all day, but hope these are just
teething troubles. If you are getting problems check out Yahoo's
Group Help page:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/index.html

Also when accessing the group go to:

Hope this settles down soon!

---alisdair

norton@n...
http://www.nortonmusic.com

FREE Midi Files ... Band-in-a-Box improvement software ... links to
MIDI
file search pages ... download and print sheet music directly from
the web
... a few jokes to brighten your day ... and some way cool stuff of
interest to musicians!!!

David Bailey <dhbailey@...>

Your post came through loud and clear to the list, but I am responding
both on-list and off-list so you can know for sure.

I have had no problems so far, but I haven't gone to the pages since the
change, simply gotten the messages from the list.

Good luck!
David

dhbailey@...

Bob 'Notes' Norton <norton@...>

At 10:51 PM 1/26/01 +0000, alisdair@... wrote:

Well your post came through OK. I've spent quite sometime on this
conversion over the last week and hope there is not too much trouble.

I think I'm back in the game now. I needed to make a new Yahoo ID and a Yahoo
password.

The database has been on and offline all day,
I kept getting error messages when I tried, perhaps that was the problem.

I was trying to help a friend who joined to select the type of e-mail he wanted
to receive when I noticed I couldn't sign in anymore. I went through the
labyrinth of screens, sometimes I am sure making the wrong choices, ended up
with two e-mail address and probably twice as many passwords, but finally I
believe it is straightened out.

I am assuming the error pages and server busy or server not found messages were
just the effect of on and offline problem. It did confuse the heck out of me.
But then, I needed a little excitement in my life today.

I think all is well.

And it is good to see this group growing quickly.

Bob "Notes" Norton
owner, Norton Music
norton@...
http://www.nortonmusic.com

FREE Midi Files ... Band-in-a-Box improvement software ... links to MIDI
file search pages ... download and print sheet music directly from the web
... a few jokes to brighten your day ... and some way cool stuff of
interest to musicians!!!

alisdair@...

Hi Bob

Glad to see you back. Yes I too found it confusing. All the
flexibility with having a Yahoo ID, Profile IDs and associating them
with email accounts etc. Nice stuff, but I had to go back and do a
little tidying up once I understood the concept!