Finding a Style

DENNIS

Please help - I have a known style - C_JETHRO- but how can I find it to use for my song ?

David H. Bailey

On 9/22/2021 5:39 PM, DENNIS wrote:
Please help - I have a known style - C_JETHRO- but how can I find it to use for my song ?
In the StylePicker window click on the Style Name column heading to get the styles to be listed alphabetically.

Make sure that the "Type" shows All and not just Real or just MIDI (this is the 5th from the right in the row that shows Category, TimeSig, Feel, Tempo, Type, Other)

If you've done a recent update to BIAB, you should do the "Rebuild" using the button at the very bottom of the StylePicker window. If you have any styles which are not from PGMusic (such as Bob Norton's excellent add-on styles) you need to do a "Slow" rebuild in order to have BIAB look everywhere for any files which end with .sty.

wittra3@...

I just went to Style Picker, and hit the Clear button (so all styles are shown.)  Then in the upper left in the Filter String box, I typed in Jethro and immediately got C-Jethro which is bluegrass county.
I use the Filter String box a lot.  For instance, I'll enter ukulele to get all the styles that use ukulele, etc.  But it also works for finding styles if you know the name of the style.

DENNIS

Thanks to those who offered suggestions. I am now able to do what I want.

Please help - I have a known style - C_JETHRO- but how can I find it
to use for my song ?
In the StylePicker window click on the Style Name column heading to get the styles to be listed alphabetically.

Make sure that the "Type" shows All and not just Real or just MIDI (this is the 5th from the right in the row that shows Category, TimeSig, Feel, Tempo, Type, Other)

If you've done a recent update to BIAB, you should do the "Rebuild"
using the button at the very bottom of the StylePicker window. If you have any styles which are not from PGMusic (such as Bob Norton's excellent add-on styles) you need to do a "Slow" rebuild in order to have BIAB look everywhere for any files which end with .sty.

DENNIS

I just wanted to let you know - The info & feedback I have received has opened up a whole new side of Band in a BOX for me. I have been a user since 2002 but the info I have received has shown me lots of stuff I did not know existed
Thank To All
Have a good day - Dennis in New Zealand