From: Band-in-a-Box@... [mailto:Band-in-a-Box@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 1:45 PM
To: Band-in-a-Box@...
Subject: [Band-in-a-Box] Digest Number 0

From: "Alisdair MacRae Birch" <alisdair@...>
From: gclip@...
From: "Darren Littljeohn" <darrenl@...>
From: "Darren Littljeohn" <darrenl@...>
From: "Alisdair MacRae Birch" <alisdair@...>
From: "Darren Littlejohn" <darrenl@...>
7. RE: Re: message headers
From: "Brad Little" <nw1k@...>
8. New poll for Band-in-a-Box
From: Band-in-a-Box@...

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:45:29 -0000
From: "Alisdair MacRae Birch" <alisdair@...>
Subject: Welcome to the Band-In-A-Box Group

Welcome to the Band-In-A-Box discussion list.

All discussions about PG Music's Band-In-A-Box welcome !

Enjoy

Alisdair MacRae Birch
Jazz Guitarist
Email: alisdair@a...
Web: http://www.alisdair.com
Join The Jazz Guitar Discussion List:
http://www.egroups.com/group/jazz_guitar/

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:10:50 -0500
From: gclip@...
Subject: Cantaloupe Style?

Howdy Fellas!
Has anyone found or made a style that works well for Cantaloupe Island?

TIA,
--
-Phil
PhilMar Products Inc.

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 08:05:31 -0000
From: "Darren Littljeohn" <darrenl@...>
Subject: Styles

I have a lot of the styles, but I don't like them much. For
practising I pick either a swing or a bossa usually. If you want to
generate solos in the style of a particular artist I suppose it could
be useful..

Does anyone have the V10.0 BIAB? Is it any better, as in, easier to
navigate, more organized, less legacy code?

-d

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 08:07:34 -0000
From: "Darren Littljeohn" <darrenl@...>
Subject: message headers

Is it possible to configure the mailer to make all messages from the
group? Then it's easy to use the Outlook Organize feature to filter
them into a folder, instead of haveing to create a rule for each
member as they post. JustJazz used to be this way, but they changed
it and it's a hastle to keep the mail going to one place now...

-d

Message: 5
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 08:20:53 -0000
From: "Alisdair MacRae Birch" <alisdair@...>
Subject: Re: message headers

Darren

You have three options for your message delivery for the group:

Individual emails (default)
Messages are delivered one at a time to your email inbox. This is the
best option if you want to keep up on the latest posts immediately.
Email attachments, if included in a message, will be sent directly to
you.

Daily Digest
Messages are delivered in batches of 25 or daily, whichever comes
sooner. This is the best option if you want to receive fewer mail
messages and don't need up-to-the minute posts in your inbox. Email
attachments are not available in digests.

No Mail / Web Only
This option puts email message delivery on hold, for example while
you are on vacation and this option also permits you to read messages
at the eGroups Web site.

To set any of these options, go to My Groups and choose from the drop-
down list of message delivery options for the group.

---alisdair

--- In Band-in-a-Box@..., "Darren Littljeohn" <darrenl@b...>
wrote:
Is it possible to configure the mailer to make all messages from
the
group? Then it's easy to use the Outlook Organize feature to filter
them into a folder, instead of haveing to create a rule for each
member as they post. JustJazz used to be this way, but they changed
it and it's a hastle to keep the mail going to one place now...

-d

Message: 6
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 00:29:08 -0800
From: "Darren Littlejohn" <darrenl@...>
Subject: RE: Re: message headers

I know but from the admin end I think you can have the message
headers come
from the group, so all the messages come from
(Band-in-a-Box) and can easily be filtered.

I have v9.0 and all the styles and soloist disks, as well as the
real book.
I need the v9 to v10 upgrade. What do you have?

wrote:
> Is it possible to configure the mailer to make all messages from
the
> group? Then it's easy to use the Outlook Organize feature to filter
> them into a folder, instead of haveing to create a rule for each
> member as they post. JustJazz used to be this way, but they changed
> it and it's a hastle to keep the mail going to one place now...
>
> -d

eGroups Sponsor

Choose 3 DVDs for $0.49 each!

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 7
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:31:40 -0500
From: "Brad Little" <nw1k@...>

Darren,
Unless your outlook is different than mine, your B-in-B mail will come
addressed to Band-in-a-Box@...
<mailto:Band-in-a-Box@...> ,
so all you have to do is set the organizer to filter all mail to this
address into another file. Ive done it with more than a dozen different
lists and it works just fine. Its just a question of using the drop drown
box and changing the from to a to. In fact in Outlook 2000, when
the rule is
created it offers the option of running it on the whole contents of the
inbox (or whatever box you are in).
Brad

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 8
Date: 20 Jan 2001 15:16:20 -0000
From: Band-in-a-Box@...
Subject: New poll for Band-in-a-Box

Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Band-in-a-Box
group:

What version of BIAB are you currently
using ?

o V10
o V9.0d
o v9.0c
o v9.0b
o v9.0a
o v9.0
o v8.0c
o v8.0b
o v8.0a
o v8.0
o Earlier than 8.0

http://www.egroups.com/polls/Band-in-a-Box

not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
web site listed above.

Thanks!

heathw@...

I have it and I'm actually selling it at my store.
Heath

Darren Littlejohn wrote:

oh yeah! that's how it works! thanks I forgot, the filter is TO not
FROM!

thanks

so who's useing Megapack 10?

-d

From: "Alisdair MacRae Birch" <alisdair@...>
2. Cantaloupe Style?
From: gclip@...
3. Styles
From: "Darren Littljeohn" <darrenl@...>
4. message headers
From: "Darren Littljeohn" <darrenl@...>
5. Re: message headers
From: "Alisdair MacRae Birch" <alisdair@...>
6. RE: Re: message headers
From: "Darren Littlejohn" <darrenl@...>
7. RE: Re: message headers
From: "Brad Little" <nw1k@...>
8. New poll for Band-in-a-Box
From: Band-in-a-Box@...

Message: 1

Date: 20 Jan 2001 15:16:20 -0000
From: Band-in-a-Box@...

Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Band-in-a-Box
group:

What version of BIAB are you currently
using ?

o V10
o V9.0d
o v9.0c
o v9.0b
o v9.0a
o v9.0
o v8.0c
o v8.0b
o v8.0a
o v8.0
o Earlier than 8.0

http://www.egroups.com/polls/Band-in-a-Box

not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
web site listed above.

Thanks!

eGroups Sponsor
[Get 3 CDs for ONLY $9.99!]