confused

Roy Collingwood

On the 'files' section, there is a spreadsheet, created by Ron1955. called
Real Styles With All Instruments.xlsx

i don't have a lot of these styles, which is what would expect only
having the cheapest package.
But should I have the ones listed under 'bonus'? or are these extras?

Roy

Thought for the day "two negatives make a positive, but positives can
never make a negative"

Come visit my YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDLojqzxVRIZufWAbc9cVrg?view_as=subscriber

David H. Bailey

There is no way to know whether you should have the "bonus" styles or not. It depends on which versions you've purchased over the years. And whether you have purchased the extra add-on bonus paks which are offered with each new version.

Ron1955's purpose in the spreadsheet is to help people see which instruments are in which styles. It's really for people who want to delve pretty deeply into all the real styles.

For many of us, which instruments are in which styles are not very important. Many BIAB users simply try a style based on the descriptions and the parameters listed in the StylePicker window and if we like the style, we keep it in that song, and if now we continue trying styles until we find a style which suits our taste for a particular song.

You might simply want to spend some time with the printout of the spreadsheet and scroll down through the styles you do have showing in the StylePicker window (my advice always is to do the slow rebuild after you've installed a new version of BIAB or any of the updates, in order to be sure BIAB has found all the styles on your computer). Highlight the styles you do have and skip the styles you don't have, then you can edit your downloaded copy of the spreadsheet to move all the styles you do have to the top of the spreadsheet. That way all the information which is important to you will be easy to find.

David H. Bailey

On 8/28/2021 11:52 AM, Roy Collingwood wrote:
On the 'files' section, there is a spreadsheet, created by Ron1955. called
Real Styles With All Instruments.xlsx
i don't have a lot of these styles, which is what would expect only
having the cheapest package.
But should I have the ones listed under 'bonus'? or are these extras?
Roy
Thought for the day "two negatives make a positive, but positives can
never make a negative"
Come visit my YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDLojqzxVRIZufWAbc9cVrg?view_as=subscriber

Roy Collingwood

Ok thanks.
I purchased Feb 2021, there was a bonus pack, I just looked on the site, it's not available to download now. 😭

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021, 19:22 David H. Bailey, <dhbailey52@...> wrote:
There is no way to know whether you should have the "bonus" styles or
not.  It depends on which versions you've purchased over the years.  And
whether you have purchased the extra add-on bonus paks which are offered
with each new version.

Ron1955's purpose in the spreadsheet is to help people see which
instruments are in which styles.  It's really for people who want to
delve pretty deeply into all the real styles.

For many of us, which instruments are in which styles are not very
important.  Many BIAB users simply try a style based on the descriptions
and the parameters listed in the StylePicker window and if we like the
style, we keep it in that song, and if now we continue trying styles
until we find a style which suits our taste for a particular song.

You might simply want to spend some time with the printout of the
spreadsheet and scroll down through the styles you do have showing in
the StylePicker window (my advice always is to do the slow rebuild after
you've installed a new version of BIAB or any of the updates, in order
to be sure BIAB has found all the styles on your computer).  Highlight
the styles you do have and skip the styles you don't have, then you can
edit your downloaded copy of the spreadsheet to move all the styles you
do have to the top of the spreadsheet.  That way all the information
which is important to you will be easy to find.

David H. Bailey

On 8/28/2021 11:52 AM, Roy Collingwood wrote:
> On the 'files' section, there is a spreadsheet, created by Ron1955. called
> Real Styles With All Instruments.xlsx
>
> i don't have a lot of these styles, which is what would expect only
> having the cheapest package.
> But should I have the ones listed under 'bonus'? or are these extras?
>
> Roy
>

> Thought for the day "two negatives make a positive, but positives can
> never make a negative"
>
> Come visit my YouTube Channel:
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDLojqzxVRIZufWAbc9cVrg?view_as=subscriber

Slyvonzo Entraprises

On 8/30/2021 10:07 AM, Slyvonzo Entraprises wrote:
On Sat, Aug 28, 2021, 18:52 Roy Collingwood <roycollingwood@gmail.com <mailto:roycollingwood@gmail.com>> wrote:
On the 'files' section, there is a spreadsheet, created by Ron1955.
called
Real Styles With All Instruments.xlsx
i don't have a lot of these styles, which is what would expect only
having the cheapest package.
But should I have the ones listed under 'bonus'? or are these extras?
[snip]

The "Bonus" styles come with the "Bonus Paks" which are offered for sale with each new version of BIAB. If you haven't purchased any "Bonus Paks" you most likely won't have any of the "Bonus" styls.