Chord view issues

Arthur Trinchera

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone knows how to keep the sizing in the cord view more consistent. It may seem minor and Its good that cord view adjusts automatically to a point but I will often just input say 4 or 8 bars of chords to practice but then the cord view changes to a giant size that is unpleasant to me, like 5 or six inch tall measures. The contrast is too extreme.
The other issue is when it inserts gray bars automatically. Yesterday I was trying 3/4 time(which is another issue for another post) and it inserts random blank or gray sections, for instance 2 bars then a few bars gray then 4 bars and more gray. The song still plays fine but I don't understand it and perhaps I'm just ocd but I prefer to look at 4 bars sections or at least uniform. I know how to change the view on how many bars to see but it doesn't help for what I'm talking about. I like the size of say a 32 bar song even if I have only 4 or 8 bars. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Arthur

David H. Bailey

On 8/20/2021 1:06 PM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone knows how to keep the sizing in the cord view more consistent. It may seem minor and Its good that cord view adjusts automatically to a point but I will often just input say 4 or 8 bars of chords to practice but then the cord view changes to a giant size that is unpleasant to me, like 5 or six inch tall measures. The contrast is too extreme.
The other issue is when it inserts gray bars automatically. Yesterday I was trying 3/4 time(which is another issue for another post) and it inserts random blank or gray sections, for instance 2 bars then a few bars gray then 4 bars and more gray. The song still plays fine but I don't understand it and perhaps I'm just ocd but I prefer to look at 4 bars sections or at least uniform. I know how to change the view on how many bars to see but it doesn't help for what I'm talking about. I like the size of say a 32 bar song even if I have only 4 or 8 bars. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The second question is issue to answer -- Open the Preferences dialog and click on the word DISPLAY. I know it looks as if it's already showing, but it's not, the tab is simply highlighted. Click on DISPLAY and in the right hand colum there is a check bos for "New Line For Every Section." So if you have an A or B (or C or D for 4-part styles) marker on a bar that's not automatically at the start of a row, that bar will be moved to the next row and the missing bars will be gray. UNcheck that box and you won't have that issue.

The first issue is also solvable from this screen. In the row right above this item is "Auto-adjust #rows" and two settings: one for minimum number of rows (default is 4) and another for maximum rows (default is 17). If you change those so they're both 17 (or whatever you want to see) then the row heights won't change. The default number of rows that show when I start BIAB is 9 rows, showing 4 bars each row, so a 32-bar song form can fit with 4 extra bars for a tag ending if desired. If you set both the min rows and max rows to 9, your screen should stay the same size no matter how many bars are in your song.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey52@comcast.net
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com