Topics

Biab2020 won't open

Arthur Trinchera

My brand new version of RealBand (only 3 weeks old) crashed hard when I ran check audio performance. Now I can't open biab2020. I don't know if it's related but that was the last thing that happened. When I open biab I only get a yellow dialogue bar telling me something about transposing then nothing else happens. Task manager shows it's running. I'm frustrated because I just got it. I don't have the disk yet to reinstall.
Any ideas?

David H. Bailey

On 8/23/2020 4:48 PM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
My brand new version of RealBand (only 3 weeks old) crashed hard when I ran check audio performance. Now I can't open biab2020. I don't know if it's related but that was the last thing that happened. When I open biab I only get a yellow dialogue bar telling me something about transposing then nothing else happens. Task manager shows it's running. I'm frustrated because I just got it. I don't have the disk yet to reinstall.
Any ideas?
[snip]

Use Task Manager to be sure that all instances of Band-in-a-Box are closed. Check down the whole list of apps on the left.

If that doesn't solve the problem, reboot the computer.

If that doesn't solve the problem, reinstall BIAB.

If that doesn't solve the problem, contact support@...

Let us know what happens, please.

M. Vise

People are lazy. When DOS 4 ended and Apple automated everything, critical analysis started to fade as applied to operating systems with regard to the average consumer.
The few of us that remain, know that any useful program needs a few tweeks if an open system is to be maintained. Of course, a closed controllable system will cause less aggravation, but at what price? I buy three units for one Apple product. Nuff said.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Sunday, August 23, 2020, 8:24 PM, David H. Bailey <dhbailey52@...> wrote:

On 8/23/2020 4:48 PM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
> My brand new version of RealBand (only 3 weeks old) crashed hard when I
> ran check audio performance. Now I can't open biab2020. I don't know if
> it's related but that was the last thing that happened. When I open biab
> I only get a yellow dialogue bar telling me something about transposing
> then nothing else happens. Task manager shows it's running. I'm
> frustrated because I just got it. I don't have the disk yet to reinstall.
> Any ideas?
[snip]

Use Task Manager to be sure that all instances of Band-in-a-Box are
closed.  Check down the whole list of apps on the left.

If that doesn't solve the problem, reboot the computer.

If that doesn't solve the problem, reinstall BIAB.

If that doesn't solve the problem, contact support@...

Let us know what happens, please.

dukekish

End it in task manager and reboot it.  Sometimes it may momentarily freeze the system if you are asking conflicting things of it.  Rebooting generally will straighten it out.

Okie Duke

On 8/23/2020 8:23 PM, David H. Bailey wrote:
On 8/23/2020 4:48 PM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
My brand new version of RealBand (only 3 weeks old) crashed hard when I ran check audio performance. Now I can't open biab2020. I don't know if it's related but that was the last thing that happened. When I open biab I only get a yellow dialogue bar telling me something about transposing then nothing else happens. Task manager shows it's running. I'm frustrated because I just got it. I don't have the disk yet to reinstall.
Any ideas?
[snip]

Use Task Manager to be sure that all instances of Band-in-a-Box are closed.  Check down the whole list of apps on the left.

If that doesn't solve the problem, reboot the computer.

If that doesn't solve the problem, reinstall BIAB.

If that doesn't solve the problem, contact support@...

Let us know what happens, please.

lastofthebarons

I thought platform wars were over and done with. Whatever floats your boat is my philosophy.

I prefer to spend less time reinventing the wheel and more time on productivity. But, if you prefer fiddling around in the far reaches of machine code, to mention the extreme, then good on you. For some it was the ultimate treachery when Microsoft started to go down the Apple route and use a desktop interface. They’ve got pretty good at it too and, with Windows 10, are pretty well up there or have even, if you like to touch your monitor a la iPad (other touch pads are available),caught up with or surpassed Apple.

If your time is precious use Windows 10 or Apple OSX or the forthcoming OS11. If not, don’t.

On 8/23/2020 9:06 PM, M. Vise via groups.io wrote:
People are lazy. When DOS 4 ended and Apple automated everything, critical analysis started to fade as applied to operating systems with regard to the average consumer.
The few of us that remain, know that any useful program needs a few tweeks if an open system is to be maintained. Of course, a closed controllable system will cause less aggravation, but at what price? I buy three units for one Apple product. Nuff said.
Will you please stop sending messages which only serve to remind us that you don't like Apple products.

This is the second response which had nothing to do with Band-in-a-Box, nor was it at all aimed at helping solve the problem mentioned in the subject line.

If you continue to post message which don't pertain to BIAB you will be removed from the group.

Thank you,
David H. Bailey
co-moderator

On 8/24/2020 5:27 AM, lastofthebarons via groups.io wrote:
I thought platform wars were over and done with. Whatever floats your boat is my philosophy.
[snip]

Please don't raise to the bait of M. Vise. Do not continue this platform discussion please.

I have already warned M. Vise that if he does not stop with his anti-apple comments and start posting material which actually responds to the problems mentioned in the subject lines that I will remove him from this group.

I hope nobody else responds to this issue.

And in the future if anybody doesn't like what someone is posting, simply delete the post. Don't respond to it, don't complain to the group, just ignore it.

I read these messages every day, usually several times a day, and am working to keep this group on-topic with BIAB or related music-hardware/software issues.

Thank you,
David H. Bailey
co-moderator

Bob Lager

Close BIAB and RealBand, then try restarting your computer.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 4:48 PM Arthur Trinchera <a.trinchera@...> wrote:
My brand new version of RealBand (only 3 weeks old) crashed hard when I ran check audio performance. Now I can't open biab2020. I don't know if it's related but that was the last thing that happened. When I open biab I only get a yellow dialogue bar telling me something about transposing then nothing else happens. Task manager shows it's running. I'm frustrated because I just got it. I don't have the disk yet to reinstall.
Any ideas?

Arthur Trinchera

Thanks Bob, of course I tried that before posting here.