Band-in-a-Box Version 2021 Update - Build 833 (April 29 2021) Available

Alisdair MacRae Birch

This patch will update Band-in-a-Box® 2021 to Build 832 from any previous 2021 build. This includes VST DAW Plugin 3.4.6.

Summary of Changes for Version 2021 Build 833 (April 29 2021)

  • Fixed: A clicking sound sometimes happened a few beats after a drum shot.
  • Fixed: Incorrect Drum track volume if loading frozen songs from earlier versions of Band-in-a-Box.
  • Fixed: MIDI export: "Drums on separate tracks" did not work.
  • Fixed: The progress bar was missing when batch rendering audio files.
  • Fixed: Drum Lead-in should be audible if drums are muted at bar 1.
  • Fixed: Xtra Styles PAK 11 support.
  • Fixed: Issue with chord sizes on Notation.
  • Fixed: Entries with garbage text in Song Titles database.

Summary of Changes for Version 2021 Build 832 (April 23 2021)

  • Fixed: MIDI Options: "Drum Bank Changes" setting was ignored for plugins, behaving as if it was always enabled. This allows plugins like XGLite to play drums correctly on the drums channel. Note: if using XGLite, make sure Prefs-MIDI Options- "Drum Bank Changes" is disabled (it defaults to disabled).
  • Fixed: "Include 2 bar lead-in in MIDI file" setting did not work for exported MIDI files.
  • Fixed: The Drum Kit window does not send MIDI events to plugins.
  • Fixed: Using hot keys to Cut/Paste/Delete in the Audio Edit window should not be possible on read-only tracks.
  • Fixed: Cancel in the Loops dialog would not cancel the selection.
  • Fixed: A minimized plugin window should be considered hidden when toggling visibility.
  • Fixed: "Allow jBridge" setting added to the Plugins Options dialog.
  • Fixed: PDF manual, help file.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#833

Arthur Trinchera

Sound like a lot of glitchy stuff. Now might be a better time for me to purchase 2021 but I upgraded from 2011 last year and heard so many mixed reviews on 2021

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021, 3:37 PM Alisdair MacRae Birch via groups.io <akmbirch=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Ed Horowitz

Arthur, speaking just for myself, now that all the bugs (or at least all the 'known' bugs)  have been fixed via Build Updates, I can say that 2021 is my favorite version yet.

Ed Horowitz
Any and All Kinds of Music...For Any and All Kinds of Occasions!
Wedding Musician / Strolling Musician
MC & DJ Services / Full PA and Lighting

954 600 3339
www.MyWeddingMusician.com

joseph doherty

Don’t speak so soon , disable the two bar ending in a song, put a hold in last bar such as C…  and you will get no Realdrum beat on it al all, doesn’t affect midi, a fix is supposed to be on the way though.

Arthur, speaking just for myself, now that all the bugs (or at least all the 'known' bugs)  have been fixed via Build Updates, I can say that 2021 is my favorite version yet.

Ed Horowitz

Any and All Kinds of Music...For Any and All Kinds of Occasions!

Wedding Musician / Strolling Musician
MC & DJ Services / Full PA and Lighting

954 600 3339
www.MyWeddingMusician.com

Arthur Trinchera

Thank you Edd for your reply. Although it was cheaper end of the year. I might feel better getting it now with less buggy bits!
I appreciate your input!
Arthur

On Sat, May 1, 2021, 6:53 AM Ed Horowitz <horowitze1@...> wrote:
Arthur, speaking just for myself, now that all the bugs (or at least all the 'known' bugs)  have been fixed via Build Updates, I can say that 2021 is my favorite version yet.

Ed Horowitz
Any and All Kinds of Music...For Any and All Kinds of Occasions!
Wedding Musician / Strolling Musician
MC & DJ Services / Full PA and Lighting

954 600 3339
www.MyWeddingMusician.com

Ed Horowitz

Don’t speak so soon , disable the two bar ending in a song, put a hold in last bar such as C…  and you will get no Realdrum beat on it al all, doesn’t affect midi, a fix is supposed to be on the way though.

Yikes, thanks Joseph
Ed Horowitz
Any and All Kinds of Music...For Any and All Kinds of Occasions!
Wedding Musician / Strolling Musician
MC & DJ Services / Full PA and Lighting

954 600 3339
www.MyWeddingMusician.com