2021 BIAB issues. Can anyone help?.

Ed Horowitz

Greeting fellow BIAB'ers! OK...so here's my story. Being a BIAB user since 2007 (and updating every couple years) I really like BIAB 2021, but am having some issues. Can anyone help me as the technical customer service at PG Music isn't what it used to be in the past, and stopped replying to my questions.

1. Has anyone else had trouble rendering an SGU with multiple tracks coming in at different bars? After being totally frustrated and trying every possible rendering possibility, the 'only' way I can get render these different track to come in and go out as my mute and back to normal settings if to render it to "include 2 bar lead in and 2 bar drum lead in" and then edit them out using Audacity. Anyone else have this issue? .

2. I installed BIAB 2021 on a different computer to test it out and it worked perfectly, UNTIL, I installed the latest update to 2021 and then the same thing happened on this computer. I notified PG Music and they sent me a Beta version of an update they're working on, and now, I can't render anything - ZIP! 

3. I now want to uninstall BIAB 2021 from my second computer, but notice that in 'both' of my computer, unlike other year's versions, BIAB 2021 does not show up in my programs to uninstall it completely, which is what I'd like to do on my second computer as it's now worthless as it won't render. Can someone tell me how best to do it?

Any help you could provide, but please don't tell me to contact PG music...I have politely tried to inquire about actually speaking on the phone with a technical advisor that can help me with both of these issues, all to no avail.  Thank you very much, ED 

Hayward Martin

I have been having similar problems with BIAB 2021 since the first version and up to the current published version 822.

Any tracks with Mutes cause chaos, and don’t always un-mute during rendering.  

Also, any tracks with level changes in the “Bar Settings”, make it almost impossible to to ride levels while playing back and hold the level change.   You have to make note of the level in the mixer, press stop, adjust the level to what you want and then hit “Play” to make the change hold.

I never installed 2021 on my hard drive and still have 2020 version there, which I mainly still use.

I have 2021 installed on an external hard drive, so I can switch back and forth.

Hayward

Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 10:06 AM
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io
Subject: [Band-In-A-Box] 2021 BIAB issues. Can anyone help?.

Greeting fellow BIAB'ers! OK...so here's my story. Being a BIAB user since 2007 (and updating every couple years) I really like BIAB 2021, but am having some issues. Can anyone help me as the technical customer service at PG Music isn't what it used to be in the past, and stopped replying to my questions.

1. Has anyone else had trouble rendering an SGU with multiple tracks coming in at different bars? After being totally frustrated and trying every possible rendering possibility, the 'only' way I can get render these different track to come in and go out as my mute and back to normal settings if to render it to "include 2 bar lead in and 2 bar drum lead in" and then edit them out using Audacity. Anyone else have this issue? .

2. I installed BIAB 2021 on a different computer to test it out and it worked perfectly, UNTIL, I installed the latest update to 2021 and then the same thing happened on this computer. I notified PG Music and they sent me a Beta version of an update they're working on, and now, I can't render anything - ZIP! 

3. I now want to uninstall BIAB 2021 from my second computer, but notice that in 'both' of my computer, unlike other year's versions, BIAB 2021 does not show up in my programs to uninstall it completely, which is what I'd like to do on my second computer as it's now worthless as it won't render. Can someone tell me how best to do it?

Any help you could provide, but please don't tell me to contact PG music...I have politely tried to inquire about actually speaking on the phone with a technical advisor that can help me with both of these issues, all to no avail.  Thank you very much, ED 

Gudrun Brunot

Sorry you’re having these issues, Ed. I have found that tech support from PGMusic is virtually non-existent, and using the chat is most unsatisfactory and the tech person often leaves before your issue is resolved.

Gudrun

From: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hayward Martin
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2021 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] 2021 BIAB issues. Can anyone help?.

I have been having similar problems with BIAB 2021 since the first version and up to the current published version 822.

Any tracks with Mutes cause chaos, and don’t always un-mute during rendering.  

Also, any tracks with level changes in the “Bar Settings”, make it almost impossible to to ride levels while playing back and hold the level change.   You have to make note of the level in the mixer, press stop, adjust the level to what you want and then hit “Play” to make the change hold.

I never installed 2021 on my hard drive and still have 2020 version there, which I mainly still use.

I have 2021 installed on an external hard drive, so I can switch back and forth.

Hayward

Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 10:06 AM
Subject: [Band-In-A-Box] 2021 BIAB issues. Can anyone help?.

D F Tweedie

This is a 'for what it's worth' comment. I've had good results using 'Chat' on my computer for getting PG Music assistance. There is a sidebar for 'Chat' on most of their website pages.

On Monday, March 1, 2021, 7:07:08 AM PST, horowitze1@... <horowitze1@...> wrote:

Wayne (Reed) Knazek

Just a thought . . . instead of muting a track, can you set the volume to zero?

Hayward Martin

Hi Wayne!

I've tried that.   It does work, as far as coming back up during rendering.  But, it's hard to get the levels right with the new mixer's quirks.

Hayward

From: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io> on behalf of Wayne (Reed) Knazek via groups.io <thenettrainer@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 6:55:59 AM
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] 2021 BIAB issues. Can anyone help?.

Just a thought . . . instead of muting a track, can you set the volume to zero?

etcjoe

Not the best answer. I do all my rendering in my daw. I get things like I want mostly and if it is midi just save as midi and work in the daw. I have never found biab easy to use for real audio work.

Chuck Wiggins

For Ed's question #3, about uninstalling. Not sure what is going on for you, but I see Band-In-A-Box 2021 Update and DAW Plugin both in my Add/Remove programs list. Sounds like something didn't get updated in your registry. Mine is even showing the last update number. I started using BiaB in 2020 and the upgrade to 2021 worked fine as far as installation and rendering is concerned. I wonder if you try reinstalling the 2020 version and then applying the updates it might work. Just an idea, not based on experience.

etcjoe

I have friends in Canada. Their covid restrictions are affecting them more than in the U.S. so they are not as responsive as normal at PG music. They do follow the forums pretty good and usually you can get some good help there.

Ed Horowitz

Hi everyone, and Thank You for all your suggestions and kind assistance. Soooo, OK, here's the latest. With BIAB on my main computer, if when I go to render it, I make sure to check the 2 bar lead in, it works fine, and I can see the different red and green mute and active tracks switching back and forth as the rendering progresses, (and I can easily take out the lead in using Audacity which is what I do with BIAB anyway to get the backing track just right. So far that one, at least I got that one to work.

As regards to my second computer I installed BIAB 2021, Thank You Chuck Wiggins for suggesting to uninstall the update as that works perfectly, but interestingly enough, I no longer see the muted and unmuted red and green tracks on the mixer change, as they're all lit up, which is kind of what I'm used to anyway. I'm kinda scared to mess with computer #1, but 'might' try to uninstall the update on that one, as I'm curious about it, but for right now, I'm OK, and can at least render the track accurately!