Celtic Music #BiaB2021

rob

where can i download biab celtic music files thanks in advance and really appreciate all your help so far. Good to be here rob!

David H. Bailey

On 2/1/2021 4:35 AM, rob via groups.io wrote:
where can i download biab celtic music files thanks in advance and really appreciate all your help so far. Good to be here rob!
[snip]

Have you looked through the archived BIAB files at the groups.io page? You'd have to search for specific song titles.

Are you looking for BIAB backing tracks to play along with or are you looking for BIAB files that include melodies?

rob

David, I guess anything that has to do with this style of music, and I will also look through the archives to, thanks David   rob!

On 2/1/2021 8:07 AM, rob via groups.io wrote:
David, I guess anything that has to do with this style of music, and I will also look through the archives to, thanks David   rob!
A simple google search for "band in a box celtic" returned this site, which looks very promising:
<http://www.alfwarnock.info/alfs/biab.php>

Alf Warnock

I don't play Celtic music these days. My friends say I've gone over to the dark side - Jazz. I have not been keeping my web site current and some of the links don't work but the BIAB and abc files should be OK. Help yourself.
PGmusic has much better Celtic styles now. I've only sampled a few but they sounded good.

BIAB 2021 will export to abc but doesn't import. There are abc programs that will export as midi so you can import that into BIAB. I've been using EasyABC (on Sourceforge). I just noticed that it also exports as Musicxml.
Musescore has a plugin that will import abc. The few times I've tried it, it worked well. If your abc file has chords, you can import it into Musescore, save as xml then import to BIAB.
Good luck with the diddly-diddly music. ;=)

rob

thankyou Alf for your help                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      rob !