Audiophile Hard Drive Question?

D F Tweedie

I hope my emails are going through? They seem to come back to me from the server ... but my previous two queries regarding RealTracks did not get a single reply.

Hopefully this one will bring some feedback.

So, I now have 3 Audiophile hard drives. As I understand, since I've upgraded, the program authorizations from my earlier two are invalid.

I would dearly like to be able to use the next to last one on my laptop, as the most recent one is authorized to my studio desktop.

So, here's the question (s). If I purchase a second BIAB license with just the basic software and install it on my laptop will I be able to use the data on the other hard drive with all the RealTracks?

Of, if the data is encrypted in some way (which I am pretty sure it is not), does PG Music have some consideration to let me 'authorize' use of the older Audiophile with an additional license?

Thanks for any input.

DF

Mr Dave

DF,
I'm pretty sure that if you have a previous version activated on your laptop, you won't have to "de-activate" it to activate the latest version on your desktop.
I'm also pretty sure the "extra files" other than the main program, remain the same from one version to the next, just maybe some some additional new ones.
If PG Music invalidates previous version serial numbers and prevents their activation once you purchase a new version, I'm not aware of it.
( I haven't tried it yet. I'm not saying they wouldn't frown upon it, but I don't think they would bring legal action.)
Dave

[...]

Frank Curran

DF,
It is my impression that when you buy BIAB, PG Music allows you to use it on your desktop and on your laptop with no extra charges. You might want to chat with PG Music support online to check.

--Frank

On Jan 15, 2021, at 2:54 PM, Mr Dave <immrdave@...> wrote:

[...]

Hayward Martin

You can use the licence on up to three computers at once.  You can deactivate s licence on a computer, from your account on pgmusic.com, and then activate it on another if you need to free up a licence, in order to substitute a different computer.

[...]

Thanks to all: Hayward, Frank and Mr. Dave ...

There is still a tiny sliver of 'unknown,' i.e., using the earlier hard drives as I'd like to keep the latest one with new RealTracks, etc. stored away ... but basically you've sorted me out.

I was ignorant of the 3 installations. As I've already relocated the contents of my 2021 Audiophile to an internal hard drive I can use the 2021 version with my laptop or simply copy the additional 2021 data to the 2017 version.

I'll now wipe and reformat the oldest one for back up storage.

Best to all.

DF

On Friday, January 15, 2021, 3:50:47 PM PST, Hayward Martin <haywardmartin@...> wrote:

[...]

David H. Bailey <dhbailey@...>

It has been my experience that you can authorize BIAB on two computers with the same serial number.

You can also continue to use your old serial numbers with the appropriate versions they came with. Purchasing an upgrade does not prevent a previous serial number from working, at least in my experience.

You shouldn't need to buy a second BIAB license to use your current version on your laptop as well as your desktop computers.

I have never purchased the audiophile versions, so I am only speaking from experience with the megapak versions. But I've had multiple versions of BIAB working on the same machine at the same time, and I've got the current version working on two different computers.

So you should be fine without spending any more money. Especially not after you've spent the cost of the audiophile versions!

dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com