How to Reconcile All RealTracks Installed #BiaB2021 #RealTracks

Roy Robinson

How do you Reconcile that All of our RealTracks are Installed?

Questions:   =============
1. Each Year there are RealTracks added to BIAB.  2021 for example adds 202 in Sets numbered 353 thru 375
How can we reconcile that our installation has all of the RealTracks purchased over the years?

2. What becomes of the 49-PAK RealTracks(40)?  I always have a difficult time specifically locating these.
  a) Are they shown in the RealTrack Picker under Set800?
    Or do you track them with the RealTrack ex. #3848?

  b) Do I understand correctly?  BIAB 2012 has 202 New RealTracks & If I purchased the 49-PAK that would be 251 New Realtracks in the 2021 Install?

  c) Are the 49-PAK realTracks included in the next years update RealTracks count?
      ex. in 2020 there were 202 New RealTrack released, were 49 of these from the previous year 49-PAK

3. In BIAB 2021 Build 809 Update
  56 new half-time/double-time RealTracks variations. Can we locate these ?
  Are the Names of these RealTracks posted somewhere?

thanks Roy

PG Music announcements =====================
Each year BIAB has a wonderful assortment of new sonic treasures to explore.
  "Get all 3,100+ RealTracks included in the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand."
    202 New RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2021!
    With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020 we added 202 RealTracks instruments.
    202 RealTracks were released with Band-in-a-Box® 2019!

What Add-ons =====================
No-one is raving about this!  In BIAB 2021 the function- Help/'What Add-ons do I have' Info Panel is vastly improved.  It now seems to really provide an informed view of installed and not-found components.  The formatting of the lists is much easier to work with.
Using this view I can confirm that I have RealTracks sets 1 thru 375 in BIAB2021
But --  375 Sets -- doesn't tell me whether I have all of the RealTracks

Scenario: =====================
* purchased BIAB new and then updates  each year since 2015
* includes the
* most years also purchased the 49-Pak
* also purchased all of the Xtra-Style PAK 1 thru 10
* also purchased the Loops-with Style PAK 1&2
* Up to 2020 All Installed to the Hard Drive using Setup.exe on the shipped USB drive.  Not Installed 2021 yet.
    because I am fretting over the realTracks counts.

Counts: =====================
Also BIAB provides helpful tools to report tables of information about the RealTracks and Styles from the pickers.
I know that I can export the list of RealTracks and a list of the Styles

Running BIAB 2021 from the Shipped USB Drive

RealTracks Picker reports 3,199 items in the list

On the RealTracks Picker dialog, under the Prefs button, there is a Verify Button
Help states, "The [Verify] function checks your installation to find if RealTracks are properly installed, or any files are missing."
When it is complete it provides a report in CheckBt0.txt

Number of RealTracks ST2 found in BB folder = 3197
Number of RealTracks WMA folder found in RealTracks folder = 3197

If I copy the RealTracks picker list to the clipboard, open it in Excel there are 3,199 RealTracks listed including the <None> row

Gudrun Brunot

Excellent questions, Roy.

Gudrun