Topics

Making .wav file from BIAB song #BiaB2020

Don Jordan

I'm attempting to make a .wav file of a simple BIAB backing for a song. I've entered all the chords and set up one repeat and an ending. Clicking on the MID button gets me a MIDI file, but clicking on the WAV button results in the file playing and the sound coming through my speakers being recorded by my webcam microphone (which means i have to maintain total silence while that occurs. This is not satisfactory. I've searched the Help file, but I can't find any instructions that I can make sense of so that the sound is recorded direct to the sound card in my PC. Can you help, please?

Arthur Trinchera

Hi Don,
I believe you want to go to the audio tab and choose export song as an audio file. When the window pops up, choose .wav in the format drop down. Then click render. I believe that AFTER you render it. It will ask or let you choose where to save it. I hope that helps 😊

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020, 4:31 PM Don Jordan <donjor@...> wrote:
I'm attempting to make a .wav file of a simple BIAB backing for a song. I've entered all the chords and set up one repeat and an ending. Clicking on the MID button gets me a MIDI file, but clicking on the WAV button results in the file playing and the sound coming through my speakers being recorded by my webcam microphone (which means i have to maintain total silence while that occurs. This is not satisfactory. I've searched the Help file, but I can't find any instructions that I can make sense of so that the sound is recorded direct to the sound card in my PC. Can you help, please?

dukekish

Go to Audio tab.  RENDER function. Choose separate files per track.  You will get all individual tracks and the top one is always the mix you chose according to your settings that you have been listening to.  It will be in wav format.

Any Band-in-a-Box® song can be easily converted to a wave file. A wave (.wav) file is an uncompressed audio file. The process of converting your Band-in-a-Box® song to a wave file is referred to as "rendering". There are several reasons why you might want to render your song to wave OR You may want to convert it to a compressed audio file format such as MP3 or WMA .

One popular reason to render songs to wave is to create an audio CD, since MIDI files and Band-in-a-Box® songs cannot be used by themselves to burn a CD.

Okie Duke

On 11/3/2020 7:30 PM, Don Jordan wrote:

Hayward Martin

Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 7:31 PM
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io
Subject: [Band-In-A-Box] Making .wav file from BIAB song #BiaB2020

Don Jordan

Thank you all. In BIAB 2020 I’ve found a ‘File’ tool bar in the top RH corner of the screen. When I click on the .WAV tab I get three choices and, hovering over

“Quick Export Song as (wav, wma, mp3, m4a)” I get a choice of “Export as .wav...; Export as .wma...; Export as .mp3.... and Export as .m4a...”. If I click on, say, the .mp3 option, a yellow box appears in the bottom RH corner saying “Rendering file etc” and I get the .mp3 file in the BIAB folder for that song.

I’m not sure if this made a difference also, but I clicked on “Audio” on the topmost toolbar and ticked the last item on the menu “Unrender Song from Audio Track (Enables tracks, erase audio track)”. I think I got that suggestion from somewhere, but I don’t remember where.

Don Jordan

2/5 Bales Street

Mount Waverley

VIC 3149

0488 218 185

(03) 9807 1473

rob

how are you all . I just want to know if you all are getting my posts.I will have lots of questions about the software.   thanks, rob! 

David H. Bailey

On 11/16/2020 6:19 AM, rob via groups.io wrote:
how are you all . I just want to know if you all are getting my posts.I will have lots of questions about the software.   thanks, rob!

Yes, the group is getting your posts.

Time to start asking your questions. :-)

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey52@comcast.net
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

rob

thanks, good to know to have a good day                                                                                                                                                              rob ! 

On Monday, November 16, 2020, 06:41:54 a.m. EST, David H. Bailey <dhbailey52@...> wrote:

On 11/16/2020 6:19 AM, rob via groups.io wrote:
> how are you all . I just want to know if you all are getting my posts.I
> will have lots of questions about the software.   thanks, rob!

Yes, the group is getting your posts.

Time to start asking your questions.  :-)

--
David H. Bailey

dukekish

Not sure why you would need to do that, but, one thing I do is create a folder on my desktop called BIAB SAVE.� Anything I render I select that as the destination folder.� That way all the files I am saving are not clogging up my bb folder itself.� From there I might create sub folders per song title.� I find that it is much easier to work with the rendered items there.

Okie Duke

On 11/16/2020 6:10 AM, Don Jordan wrote:

Thank you all. In BIAB 2020 I�ve found a �File� tool bar in the top RH corner of the screen. When I click on the .WAV tab I get three choices and, hovering over

�Quick Export Song as (wav, wma, mp3, m4a)� I get a choice of �Export as .wav...; Export as .wma...; Export as .mp3.... and Export as .m4a...�. If I click on, say, the .mp3 option, a yellow box appears in the bottom RH corner saying �Rendering file etc� and I get the .mp3 file in the BIAB folder for that song.

�

I�m not sure if this made a difference also, but I clicked on �Audio� on the topmost toolbar and ticked the last item on the menu �Unrender Song from Audio Track (Enables tracks, erase audio track)�. I think I got that suggestion from somewhere, but I don�t remember where.

�

Don Jordan

2/5 Bales Street

Mount Waverley

VIC 3149

�

0488 218 185

(03) 9807 1473

�

�