Topics

Making .wav file from BIAB song #BiaB2020

Don Jordan

I'm attempting to make a .wav file of a simple BIAB backing for a song. I've entered all the chords and set up one repeat and an ending. Clicking on the MID button gets me a MIDI file, but clicking on the WAV button results in the file playing and the sound coming through my speakers being recorded by my webcam microphone (which means i have to maintain total silence while that occurs. This is not satisfactory. I've searched the Help file, but I can't find any instructions that I can make sense of so that the sound is recorded direct to the sound card in my PC. Can you help, please?

Arthur Trinchera

Hi Don,
I believe you want to go to the audio tab and choose export song as an audio file. When the window pops up, choose .wav in the format drop down. Then click render. I believe that AFTER you render it. It will ask or let you choose where to save it. I hope that helps 😊

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020, 4:31 PM Don Jordan <donjor@...> wrote:
I'm attempting to make a .wav file of a simple BIAB backing for a song. I've entered all the chords and set up one repeat and an ending. Clicking on the MID button gets me a MIDI file, but clicking on the WAV button results in the file playing and the sound coming through my speakers being recorded by my webcam microphone (which means i have to maintain total silence while that occurs. This is not satisfactory. I've searched the Help file, but I can't find any instructions that I can make sense of so that the sound is recorded direct to the sound card in my PC. Can you help, please?

dukekish

Go to Audio tab.  RENDER function. Choose separate files per track.  You will get all individual tracks and the top one is always the mix you chose according to your settings that you have been listening to.  It will be in wav format.

Any Band-in-a-Box® song can be easily converted to a wave file. A wave (.wav) file is an uncompressed audio file. The process of converting your Band-in-a-Box® song to a wave file is referred to as "rendering". There are several reasons why you might want to render your song to wave OR You may want to convert it to a compressed audio file format such as MP3 or WMA .

One popular reason to render songs to wave is to create an audio CD, since MIDI files and Band-in-a-Box® songs cannot be used by themselves to burn a CD.

Okie Duke

On 11/3/2020 7:30 PM, Don Jordan wrote:
I'm attempting to make a .wav file of a simple BIAB backing for a song. I've entered all the chords and set up one repeat and an ending. Clicking on the MID button gets me a MIDI file, but clicking on the WAV button results in the file playing and the sound coming through my speakers being recorded by my webcam microphone (which means i have to maintain total silence while that occurs. This is not satisfactory. I've searched the Help file, but I can't find any instructions that I can make sense of so that the sound is recorded direct to the sound card in my PC. Can you help, please?

Hayward Martin