Topics

Cant find PG MUSIC FONTS #WindowsUsers #BiaBPrevious

tim

Can anyone help please ?, so my old  MUSIC PC died a death a  few  years ago ,so did mty interest in BIAB ,,,   and I have the BIAB  2013 vers  external mini hard  drive  ULTRAPACK  (everything on it )  which was working fine for FONTS  ( to print out scores , and   SEE  notation )
ok ,,, so a few years later Im trying to run the ULTRAPACK   on a WIN10   PC,

everything  works  great , EXCEPT  the MUSIC  /notaion   ,, the   YELLOW  error message coming up is  " make sure your PC ( win 95) has the PGMUS.TTF   folder located at   007DB2AB   ! ! what the heck does that mean folks ??   HELP !!!! please

David H. Bailey

On 3/28/2020 1:36 PM, tim wrote:
Can anyone help please ?, so my old  MUSIC PC died a death a  few  years ago ,so did mty interest in BIAB ,,,   and I have the BIAB  2013 vers external mini hard  drive  ULTRAPACK  (everything on it )  which was working fine for FONTS  ( to print out scores , and   SEE  notation )
ok ,,, so a few years later Im trying to run the ULTRAPACK   on a WIN10   PC,
everything  works  great , EXCEPT  the MUSIC  /notaion   ,, the YELLOW  error message coming up is  " make sure your PC ( win 95) has the PGMUS.TTF   folder located at   007DB2AB   ! ! what the heck does that mean folks ??   HELP !!!! please
_._,_._,_
[snip]
The PGMusic fonts need to be in C:\Windows\System folder. You may need to create that folder and copy the fonts there (don't move them from your main Fonts folder! -- just copy them - ctrl-click-drag)

That's a holdover from much earlier Windows versions but still the code is part of BIAB since they've never actually rewritten the code from the ground up.

There are six PGMusic fonts:
Pgchords.ttf
Pgjazz__.ttf
pgmus.ttf
Pftext.ttf
pgtextj_.ttf
Pftextje.ttf

Copy them all to C:\Windows\System

tim

Thanks for such a swift reply David !,,   that's much appreciated

  I'm not all that hot with PC ,  but

,,,I did looking  the bb  folders ,, but couldn't see these  .ttf  files ,  where are they ?

And you say "  copy into windows system , " where is that location?

PS
I do have a program that allows  a 3rd party to control the PC,,,

If I " buy you a drink " would you be able to sort this out for me ? ,I'm  bound to mess it up :(

Best regards

 Tim  form Cornwall ,,

> Can anyone help please ?, so my old  MUSIC PC died a death a  few  years
> ago ,so did mty interest in BIAB ,,,   and I have the BIAB  2013 vers
> external mini hard  drive  ULTRAPACK  (everything on it )  which was
> working fine for FONTS  ( to print out scores , and   SEE  notation )
> ok ,,, so a few years later Im trying to run the ULTRAPACK   on a WIN10
>    PC,
>
> everything  works  great , EXCEPT  the MUSIC  /notaion   ,, the
> YELLOW  error message coming up is  " make sure your PC ( win 95) has
> the PGMUS.TTF   folder located at   007DB2AB   ! ! what the heck does
> that mean folks ??   HELP !!!! please
> _._,_._,_
[snip]
The PGMusic fonts need to be in C:\Windows\System folder.  You may need
to create that folder and copy the fonts there (don't move them from
your main Fonts folder! -- just copy them - ctrl-click-drag)

That's a holdover from much earlier Windows versions but still the code
is part of BIAB since they've never actually rewritten the code from the
ground up.

There are six PGMusic fonts:
Pgchords.ttf
Pgjazz__.ttf
pgmus.ttf
Pftext.ttf
pgtextj_.ttf
Pftextje.ttf

Copy them all to C:\Windows\System

If you've installed BIAB to run from your hard drive, the fonts are in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. You need to open Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer) and you should be able to get to that folder.

The System folder I mentioned is at C:\Windows\System -- I hope you know how to find different folders and files using Windows Explorer.

You may have a program that allows others to control your PC but unless I have the controller program from the same company I can't access your computer for you.

Perhaps you have a friend who's more computer-knowledgable than you who could sit down at your computer and use my e-mails as a guide?

Good luck!
David