Topics

How can one download all the ZIP files at once? #BiaBFiles

mkamoski

Please help.

How can one download all the ZIP files at once?

Please advise.

(Or must one download ZIP by ZIP, etc?)

Thanks.

-- Mark Kamoski

On 12/15/2019 10:03 AM, mkamoski wrote:
Please help.
How can one download all the ZIP files at once?
Please advise.
(Or must one download ZIP by ZIP, etc?)
[snip]

I just tried and the only way is to download each zip at a time, individually. But it doesn't take very long to do that -- right click, select Save Link As, and once you've selected the folder you want the first time, that should pop up each time you repeat the process.

tim

Hi David , I have a 2013 HD BIAB and I messed up all the folder structure , do you know anyone in the UK I could send it to so they could reconfigure it?  BIAB say just delete everything and it will sort itself out ,,, but ?   Best Regards Tim from Cornwall  ps is there a UK Facebook BIAB ?

John Tait <25johndale@...>

David,  Can you give me the link where these files reside for download please..?
I am after the CELTIC and COUNTRY archives.
Cheers..!!  👍

David H. Bailey

On 1/2/2021 2:16 AM, John Tait wrote:
David,  Can you give me the link where these files reside for download please..?
I am after the CELTIC and COUNTRY archives.
Cheers..!!  👍
Here is the link to the Files section of the group:
https://band-in-a-box.groups.io/g/main/files

There are multiple folders there, some containing individual song files, but the second folder listed (02. BIAB Zip File Archive) is where the zipped archives are.

If you have opened the Excel spreadsheet you should be able to find the specific .zip files which contain the songs you want. Unzip whichever files you download into a separate Songs folder (or whatever you want to call it) to keep your BIAB or data folders neat.

There aren't specific Celtic or Country archives. The archives are divided into two folders, one with the zip files which contain BIAB songs without melodies (BIAB Files With Chords) and another contains BIAB songs with the melodies included (BIAB Files With Melodies).

Enjoy!

etcjoe

There are some software programs available that can download all zip files on a specific web page. I have used them in the past, but I don't recall the names etc. A quick search using your favorite search engine will usually get you the resulting programs. I seem to remember them being freeware. But David is right, it is very simple to right click, save as and put them in a folder on your computer. Then you can organize them anyway you want. I created a folder for BIAB songs and just point to it when I want to go to the archives in BIAB. It keeps my BIAB folder neat and I can just rebuild the song list in whichever folder I am looking.

Lee Griffith <ldgriffith@...>

SiteSucker is the program I have used on my Mac.
LEE