Topics

Share your finished product #WindowsUsers


georges_grandson@...
 

I have an older version of BB. Never really sounded professional. Let's hear what everyone is creating. Maybe I need to upgrade to the newest version.


Burt Bicksler
 

When you say "never really sounded professional" are you referring to the MIDI instrument sounds, the RealTracks sound quality, the generated accompaniment, or something else?  Also what version of BIAB are you currently running.

If it's the MIDI instrument sounds that is likely due to the quality of the software synth that you are using.   We use an external Keton hardware MIDI module have have excellent sounds from BIAB MIDI sequences.  You can also purchase better software synths than what is provided with BIAB and if you are using the M$oft software synth just don't do that as the M$oft synth is pretty bad.

The newer RealTracks have improved a lot since they were first introduced so if you have one of the early versions of RealTracks then you might find that the newer versions will sound better to you.

Often times to get a professional sounding sequence from BIAB takes a fair amount of tweaking when setting up to generate it.   And in some cases you may need to pull the result MIDI or audio into either RealBand or another DAW (I use Reaper for anything extensive) to fine tune it. 

But it is quite possible to create professional quality results if you spend the time learning to tweak BIAB.  We use a lot of BIAB generated sequences and audio tracks when performing and they are quite good.  But I use the later versions of BIAB so your mileage may vary.


Mr Dave
 

Have you listened to the demos at pgmusic.com?
They might give you an idea of what current BIAB versions are capable of.
Of course the variables include the computer system it's installed on. (sound card, speakers, etc.)

Dave Price


From: Band-In-A-Box@groups.io <Band-In-A-Box@groups.io> on behalf of georges_grandson via Groups.Io <georges_grandson@...>
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 8:57 AM
To: Band-In-A-Box@groups.io <Band-In-A-Box@groups.io>
Subject: [Band-In-A-Box] Share your finished product #WindowsUsers
 
I have an older version of BB. Never really sounded professional. Let's hear what everyone is creating. Maybe I need to upgrade to the newest version.


Media Production
 

Hi Burt--
 
Could you share some of your BIAB song links---it would be great to hear some of your BIAB tracks.
 
Rodger
 

Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] Share your finished product #WindowsUsers
 
When you say "never really sounded professional" are you referring to the MIDI instrument sounds, the RealTracks sound quality, the generated accompaniment, or something else?  Also what version of BIAB are you currently running.

If it's the MIDI instrument sounds that is likely due to the quality of the software synth that you are using.   We use an external Keton hardware MIDI module have have excellent sounds from BIAB MIDI sequences.  You can also purchase better software synths than what is provided with BIAB and if you are using the M$oft software synth just don't do that as the M$oft synth is pretty bad.

The newer RealTracks have improved a lot since they were first introduced so if you have one of the early versions of RealTracks then you might find that the newer versions will sound better to you.

Often times to get a professional sounding sequence from BIAB takes a fair amount of tweaking when setting up to generate it.   And in some cases you may need to pull the result MIDI or audio into either RealBand or another DAW (I use Reaper for anything extensive) to fine tune it. 

But it is quite possible to create professional quality results if you spend the time learning to tweak BIAB.  We use a lot of BIAB generated sequences and audio tracks when performing and they are quite good.  But I use the later versions of BIAB so your mileage may vary.


Gary Thompson
 

Here is a link to a bunch of finished songs 
I would guess that about half had their roots in BIAB. 
These go back quite a way, so the earlier ones are more likely to have BIAB roots. 

Have a listen and download what you like. 


Charlie Hull
 

Attached is a pdf file of my listing of tradtune BIAB files. I can also provide keadsheets with nelody, chords and lyrivs.. I also have hundredsof standard tunes, but no listing, and prefer to share files on an individual-tune-as-needed basis, and have provided leadsheets to fellw (and gal) listers dozensof times in the past. Need a particular tune in a  specific key? Try me.

 

Charlie Hull

On December 9, 2019 at 9:21 AM Media Production <media_production@...> wrote:

Hi Burt--
 
Could you share some of your BIAB song links---it would be great to hear some of your BIAB tracks.
 
Rodger
 
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] Share your finished product #WindowsUsers
 
When you say "never really sounded professional" are you referring to the MIDI instrument sounds, the RealTracks sound quality, the generated accompaniment, or something else?  Also what version of BIAB are you currently running.

If it's the MIDI instrument sounds that is likely due to the quality of the software synth that you are using.   We use an external Keton hardware MIDI module have have excellent sounds from BIAB MIDI sequences.  You can also purchase better software synths than what is provided with BIAB and if you are using the M$oft software synth just don't do that as the M$oft synth is pretty bad.

The newer RealTracks have improved a lot since they were first introduced so if you have one of the early versions of RealTracks then you might find that the newer versions will sound better to you.

Often times to get a professional sounding sequence from BIAB takes a fair amount of tweaking when setting up to generate it.   And in some cases you may need to pull the result MIDI or audio into either RealBand or another DAW (I use Reaper for anything extensive) to fine tune it. 

But it is quite possible to create professional quality results if you spend the time learning to tweak BIAB.  We use a lot of BIAB generated sequences and audio tracks when performing and they are quite good.  But I use the later versions of BIAB so your mileage may vary.


 


bktelt
 

Can go to PG Music, look for user showcase and get an idea what things can sound like with BIAB.

On Monday, December 9, 2019, 12:56:23 PM EST, Charlie Hull <charleshull7652@...> wrote:


Attached is a pdf file of my listing of tradtune BIAB files. I can also provide keadsheets with nelody, chords and lyrivs.. I also have hundredsof standard tunes, but no listing, and prefer to share files on an individual-tune-as-needed basis, and have provided leadsheets to fellw (and gal) listers dozensof times in the past. Need a particular tune in a  specific key? Try me.

 

Charlie Hull

On December 9, 2019 at 9:21 AM Media Production <media_production@...> wrote:

Hi Burt--
 
Could you share some of your BIAB song links---it would be great to hear some of your BIAB tracks.
 
Rodger
 
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2019 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] Share your finished product #WindowsUsers
 
When you say "never really sounded professional" are you referring to the MIDI instrument sounds, the RealTracks sound quality, the generated accompaniment, or something else?  Also what version of BIAB are you currently running.

If it's the MIDI instrument sounds that is likely due to the quality of the software synth that you are using.   We use an external Keton hardware MIDI module have have excellent sounds from BIAB MIDI sequences.  You can also purchase better software synths than what is provided with BIAB and if you are using the M$oft software synth just don't do that as the M$oft synth is pretty bad.

The newer RealTracks have improved a lot since they were first introduced so if you have one of the early versions of RealTracks then you might find that the newer versions will sound better to you.

Often times to get a professional sounding sequence from BIAB takes a fair amount of tweaking when setting up to generate it.   And in some cases you may need to pull the result MIDI or audio into either RealBand or another DAW (I use Reaper for anything extensive) to fine tune it. 

But it is quite possible to create professional quality results if you spend the time learning to tweak BIAB.  We use a lot of BIAB generated sequences and audio tracks when performing and they are quite good.  But I use the later versions of BIAB so your mileage may vary.


 


Curtis Swift
 

Thanks. I got most of them already


On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 12:36 PM, Gary Thompson
<johnny@...> wrote:
Here is a link to a bunch of finished songs 
I would guess that about half had their roots in BIAB. 
These go back quite a way, so the earlier ones are more likely to have BIAB roots. 

Have a listen and download what you like. 


Jim
 

This Christmas song began life in Biab 2007...
Older versions of Biab still work well for Midi...
The style was a user created style (in the Biab Style maker)...
Only the bass & drums (with modifications) were kept...
The song was finished up with a notation program...
It is all midi with sounds from the old Vsc (Virtual Sound Canvas) that came Biab...
I don't know how "professional" it is to your ears...
But, hopefully you can see, you can still do a lot with Midi.

There Won't Be No Christmas This Year © J Hughes

On 12/09/2019 07:57 AM, georges_grandson via Groups.Io wrote:
I have an older version of BB. Never really sounded professional. Let's hear what everyone is creating. Maybe I need to upgrade to the newest version.


burt@...
 

Would be happy to, but will likely be after the holidays as we have a number of gigs this month as well as travel so I will need to cull out the BIAB songs.

But I see that someone else has provided a link to a number of their BIAB generated songs which should give you an idea of what can be done.


Gary Thompson
 

Here's a new one - Crabby Andy.  Started out in BIAB. Has a nice groove. Check it out.