Saving piano/bass/drum parts?

heathw@...

Hi,
Is there some way to save rhythm section parts in BB10? I would like to
be able to step edit in these parts sometimes and save them.
Unfortunately, each time I push play BB rewrites its own parts.
Thanks,
Heath

David Bailey <dhbailey@...>

heathw@in-tch.com wrote:

Hi,
Is there some way to save rhythm section parts in BB10? I would like to
be able to step edit in these parts sometimes and save them.
Unfortunately, each time I push play BB rewrites its own parts.
Thanks,
Heath
Save the song as a midi file, then edit it in a sequencer program such
as Cakewalk or PowerTracksPro.

Since the main use of BiaB is to create the parts in the first place, it
really isn't designed to serve as a sequencer program to let you step
edit the created parts. And once you have an arrangement you like, you
don't need BB anymore for that song, so saving it as a midi file and
moving to an application which allows easier editing is a wise thing to
do, to save aggravation.

dhbailey@ix.netcom.com

Janice McDonald <janice21475@...>

Hello Heath,

You didn't mention why you wanted to step edit the
parts. If it is to correct misleading tones and tune
up your song why not use a Finetuned style to begin
with? There is no need to edit songs made using our
styles to correct anything.

We are having a March Madness sale now and there is a
tremendous savings to be had. Each style is
demonstrated so you can hear exactly what you will
get. All the demo's were done entirely in BIAB and
straight to MIDI. No editing at all.

Hope this helps,
Chuck and Janice are Finetuned
http://www.finetuned.net

Bob 'Notes' Norton <norton@...>

At 03:31 PM 3/1/01 -0700, you wrote:
Hi,
Is there some way to save rhythm section parts in BB10? I would like to
be able to step edit in these parts sometimes and save them.
Unfortunately, each time I push play BB rewrites its own parts.
I'd do that by exporting a MIDI file and editing there. I think BiaB
re-writes all the accompaniment parts every time.

Bob "Notes" Norton
owner, Norton Music
norton@nortonmusic.com
http://www.nortonmusic.com

Norton Music is the #1 producer of BiaB after-market products in the world!
Featuring Power User Styles, Fake Disks, and Arangement Disks.
PLUS ... PG Music products at up to 20% off ... FREE Midi Files ... links
to MIDI file search pages ... download and print sheet music directly from
the web ... a few jokes to brighten your day ... and more.