Re: Changing meter and style within song #BiaB2021

David H. Bailey

On 7/19/2021 8:24 AM, Don Jordan wrote:
I want to begin a jazz tune in 3/4 and after one chorus, change the meter to 4/4. I can't work out how to change the meter at the measure I want it to begin at. I can press F5 and change the beats per bar to 4, but that doesn't work. I assume I have to choose one of theĀ 'waltz' styles to begin with and then change to a jazz style for the 4/4. I can't get that to happen either. Following the manual instructions doesn't work. What should I be doing, please?
To do what you want to do you will need to copy/paste the first chorus further down the song. So if your first chorus is bars 1-32, then copy and paste it into bars 33-64. Then you can start in 3/4 (with a waltz style or simply a 4/4 style where you use F5 to define only 3 beats in a bar), and then you can change to 4/4 at bar 33 and change the style at that point in the song.

But you can't have different settings for the different times through the same measures (e.g. 1-32).