Re: Speaker Cords

D F Tweedie

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 7:49:25 PM PDT, bb@... <bb@...> wrote:

I would appreciate some advice from somebody who knows the math,
just how important is it for the speaker cables to be of the same length?
The speakers are five feet apart, the listener is seven feet away and the old Marantz sits on one of the speakers.  It takes an eight foot line to reach the far speaker so I would normally cut two eight foot speaker cords and stuff the extra line behind the near speaker.  But what if one speaker cord was eight feet and the other was only three feet?  Could that noticeably affect phasing or induce any other deleterious audio effect in that small area?