Good news ! PG Music has just uploaded a patch to make BiaB mac compatible with Big Sur. It is done. I will test this update. Https://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2020_422
This patch will update Band-in-a-Box® 2020 to build 422 from any previous 2020 build. This is currently considered a beta patch because it is new. This includes DAW Plugin 2.12.15. You need to have Band-in-a-Box® 2020 (build 401 or higher) installed for this update to work.
If you are updating an external PG Music hard drive, make sure to choose the correct destination volume ([Change Install Location] button / Install on a specific disk).
Summary of changes for build 422 (Feb 10, 2021)
- Added: This is a major update that adds BigSur and M1 chip compatibility, allowing Band-in-a-Box to function normally on BigSur and M1 machines. Band-in-a-Box 2020 Mac (build 422 or higher) is compatible on all Mac OS from Snow Leopard (OS 10.6.8) to BigSur (OS 11) inclusive. On Intel and Silcon M1 Macs.
- Fixed: The Notation and Lead Sheet windows were blank if using macOS Big Sur.
- Fixed: The Lead Sheet window would not close if using macOS Big Sur.
- Fixed: Possible crashes when resizing windows if using macOS Big Sur.
- Fixed: Notes not highlighting red during playback in Notation window on some computers.
- Fixed: No sound on some machines if the "Apple: DLSMusicDevice" MIDI plugin is missing.
- Fixed: Some menu items in the Drop Station context menu did not respond.