Re: A Real-Tracks INSTRUMENTS database

Chris Welch <chris.welch@...>

A bit messy, you can create Access "applications".  They are packaged for installation in Microsoft Visual Studio.

This uses just run time components (the Jet database engine) so they can be distributed freely and the folks using them don't have to have Access.

I've setup many installation packages in Visual Studio for Visual Basic, C and C#, there are similar runtime library issues, it is a bit tedious.  I haven't done an Access application, but the process is pretty much the same.

It can be done.

I haven't had a look at the latest VS for it, but it may have a packaging template to help package Access applications.

Bye for now,

On 2021-02-11 3:38 p.m., D F Tweedie via groups.io wrote:
I'd agree on Excel vs. Access. Almost anyone who has Access has Excel and knows how to import an Excel spreadsheet into Access.

On the other hand there are some powerful queries in Access that if someone wanted to take the time to make a nice front end would be very convenient.

On Thursday, February 11, 2021, 11:22:36 AM PST, Roy Robinson via groups.io <robinson_yh2@...> wrote:

agree   sounds interesting to me as well.  It will be helpful to see the example.

question:  have you created the example have you determined how to obtain the data?
In Style-Picker we can see that styles have between 1 and 7 instruments.

in reference to format
Excel is readily available and easy enough to manage data
Access is a pretty large hurdle