I finally have it working -- great sounds!

Thanks again!
David

On 2/8/2021 11:12 AM, joseph doherty wrote:
Go into options in Halion GUI, half way down there is program changes which will be set to off, Set to GM and hey presto hopefully you have sound, With band in a box 2020 there is no need to do anything else, that GM setting sticks every time I start biab. Hope it’s the same in 21.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io <main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io> On Behalf Of David H. Bailey
Sent: 08 February 2021 16:04
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] Soft synths
Thanks! Found it and got it set with BIAB.
But no sounds come out.
When I run the standalone HalionSE app there are sounds from it.
How do we get it to automatically load the proper sounds into the proper channels? Or is this the sort of soft-synth where we have to load each patch into each channel that we want?
Thank you very much for your help with this!
David
On 2/8/2021 10:29 AM, joseph doherty wrote:
It can be a bit difficult to find the Halion .dll, In my case its installed in my Cakewalk plugin folder.
Try a drive search with Ultra search free, It’s a lot faster than windows search, you can get it from the link below, it will install a shortcut to your mouse right click menu.
https://www.jam-software.com/ultrasearch_free

It may be that the dll is not installed at all, so in that case
download it from https://new.steinberg.net/vst-instruments/halion/se/

I think that you will prefer it over the TTS-1 once you get it up and running as a default synth in biab, you do need to select the GM in the Halion options GUI.