Re: Soft synth TTS-1

D F Tweedie

I was going to chime in on this before but hesitated because I was uncertain whether the TTS-1 was VSTi or DXi. Were it VSTi I'd agree with Ian that it should be no issue where you place it as long as you can find/ remember that path so you can find it from within the BIAB settings. With DXi I'm not so sure.

There is another issue, however. With a VSTi the *.dll (Dynamic Link Library) is a front end. That is, I don't believe it typically contains the actual content producing the audio. A CD player without a CD is the idea. Therefore it also requires a path to its 'CDs.' So in order for it to work a dll itself can also require a path to its content. Most more recent softsynths expose under settings/ options access to change that path ... but some older ones may not.

But then you must also identify where the TTS-1 'CDs' were installed with Cakewalk and not move or delete them if you want to try to install the rest of the program.

And as David said, there is generally no need to uninstall Cakewalk any way. It probably doesn't use much space and won't interfere with other things on your computer when it is not open.

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 4:50:11 AM PST, IAN GRAHAM via groups.io <idgraham@...> wrote:

Thanks, David.

That sounds very much as if there is a deliberate spoiler in there
somewhere - my experience is that *.dll soundfonts are usually very
tolerant of being copied around, provided the computer recognises them.
i.e. Some need a specific installation, many don't.

Cheers

Ian G.