Re: Soft synths

David H. Bailey

On 2/2/2021 11:07 AM, Hayward Martin wrote:
I have been scanning the PGMUSIC BIAB forums an read about the Cakewalk TTS-1 synthesizer that comes with BIAB and integrates with it.   It’s not obvious (at least not to me). This is BIAB 2021, don’t know that it’s applicable to earlier versions.
[snip]

Thanks for pointing out that Cakewalk's TTS-1 synth comes with BIAB! I just tested it and it is far superior to the Coyote soft-synth.

To use it I went to the Options / Midi-Audio Driver Setup and then clicked on the "Use VST/DXi Synth" check box and then a dialog opened up showing all that was installed on my machine. I selected the Cakewalk TTS-1 and then when the dialog showing that opened up I simply closed that dialog and clicked okay when the BIAB dialog suggested switching the Bass Drum Note to 36 for that soft-synth, and when I got back to the main BIAB screen I clicked "Play" and the sounds that came out were very good. Almost as good as from my Ketron SD2 or my Yamaha keyboard. After testing the TTS-1 soft-synth I went back to the Options - Midi/Audio Driver Setup dialog and unchecked that box for using a soft-synth and then aswered YES to switch the bass drum note back to 35 and got back to the main BIAB screen.

This has been a most enlightening discussion!