When Generating RealTracks and RealDrums For A Song Where Are The Rendered Tracks Saved?

D F Tweedie

I may totally misunderstand this, but it occurs to me that at some point there must be some bloat from rendered RealTracks and RealDrums and the need to cull them for songs you no longer are using or want to delete. A 3 minute 16bit 44.1k stereo file is about 40 MB, so a BIAB 5 track song with RealTracks and RealDrums depending on how many are stereo or mono, but for an example lets say 2 stereo and 3 mono, would be about 150 MB. Even in today's storage that can add up pretty fast.

They are obviously not part of the *.SGU files as those are measured in KB. So then, are they stored as rendered files or does the *.SGU file simply pull up specific sections of RealTrack or RealDrum from the last time you played the song, assuming you haven't regenerated?

This or course assumes you haven't used the Audio Editor to copy/ paste a RealTrack onto a utility track. It seems to me that such copied tracks must be saved in their entirety somewhere.

Thanks for any info.