Re: Copies of biab #BiaBPrevious

Bob Eldridge

Sorry for my ignorance in not knowing that iOS and OSx were not one and the same.  I haven't used Apple products in many years.

-----Original Message-----
From: David H. Bailey <dhbailey52@...>
To: main@Band-In-A-Box.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Aug 24, 2020 9:11 am
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] Copies of biab #BiaBPrevious

Also to add to corrections of Bob's post, the two major operating
systems that BIAB runs on are OSx and Windows, not iOS.

I think that there are two major reasons that PGMusic hasn't bothered
making full-blown versions of BIAB for either iOS or Android:
1) storage space needed for all the real instruments, which seems to be
the major thrust of BIAB and many of its users these days;
2) the complications in both equipment and software in trying to use
MIDI with either iOS or Android, which means that even the core MIDI
functions of BIAB (all the original styles before "real drums" and
"realtracks") is difficult to ensure that it would work.

As for comparisons between how BIAB runs on Windows computers vs. Macs,
from what I've read it seems that while for years the Mac version was
way behind the Windows version, in more recent versions both Mac and
Windows versions seem just about the same.

David H. Bailey