Re: Copies of biab #BiaBPrevious

Eric Dannewitz

Chromebooks run chromeOS not android. They can run android apps, but they don’t run android as the main OS.

Sent from my iSomething
--
Eric Dannewitz
Musician/Polymath/Evil Genius

On Aug 24, 2020, at 4:05 AM, Bob Eldridge <bobeld1@...> wrote:

BIAB works in the two major operating systems iOS and Windows.  It was not designed to work in Chromebook which uses the Android operating system.  I worked on a friend's Mac computer today and found it OK to use, but my preference lies with Microsoft Windows.  I find I am able to personalize and configure Windows so it works the way I want it to.  I have to give Microsoft credit for creating an operating system that works on many different pieces of hardware.  It runs on computers made by Dell, HP, Samsung, SONY, Lenovo, Asus, and a host of custom machines made by companies like Cyberpower and Falcon.  Given the number of different hardware configurations, I think it is a truly amazing feat that it is able to run smoothly on all of them.
With such a rich feature set, I think BIAB would have to give up much of its functionality to run in Android.  Chromebooks may be fine for checking e-mail, surfing the Web, using social media, group chatting (like Zoom and Skype) and running small apps.  But it does not have the ability to handle a program like BIAB.  Sorry to hear you are so disappointed in Windows.  It appears we have had totally different experiences.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 11:31 AM Z Dobro Jones via groups.io <dobrojones=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have had Band In a Box for years. I have several updates with the original hard drives and boxes. I hate Windows 10, have gotten rid of my Windows computer. I now use A Chromebook that I understand is not supported for Biab. Is there a way to use Biab in Chromebook? If not is there a legal way to sell what I have. I will never go back to Windows. It seems like a shame to just have the things gather dust.