Re: Biab2020 won't open

lastofthebarons

I thought platform wars were over and done with. Whatever floats your boat is my philosophy.

I prefer to spend less time reinventing the wheel and more time on productivity. But, if you prefer fiddling around in the far reaches of machine code, to mention the extreme, then good on you. For some it was the ultimate treachery when Microsoft started to go down the Apple route and use a desktop interface. They’ve got pretty good at it too and, with Windows 10, are pretty well up there or have even, if you like to touch your monitor a la iPad (other touch pads are available),caught up with or surpassed Apple.

If your time is precious use Windows 10 or Apple OSX or the forthcoming OS11. If not, don’t.

On 24 Aug 2020, at 02:06, M. Vise via groups.io <taiptaip@...> wrote:

People are lazy. When DOS 4 ended and Apple automated everything, critical analysis started to fade as applied to operating systems with regard to the average consumer.
The few of us that remain, know that any useful program needs a few tweeks if an open system is to be maintained. Of course, a closed controllable system will cause less aggravation, but at what price? I buy three units for one Apple product. Nuff said.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Sunday, August 23, 2020, 8:24 PM, David H. Bailey <dhbailey52@...> wrote:

On 8/23/2020 4:48 PM, Arthur Trinchera wrote:
> My brand new version of RealBand (only 3 weeks old) crashed hard when I
> ran check audio performance. Now I can't open biab2020. I don't know if
> it's related but that was the last thing that happened. When I open biab
> I only get a yellow dialogue bar telling me something about transposing
> then nothing else happens. Task manager shows it's running. I'm
> frustrated because I just got it. I don't have the disk yet to reinstall.
> Any ideas?
[snip]

Use Task Manager to be sure that all instances of Band-in-a-Box are
closed.  Check down the whole list of apps on the left.

If that doesn't solve the problem, reboot the computer.

If that doesn't solve the problem, reinstall BIAB.

If that doesn't solve the problem, contact support@...

Let us know what happens, please.