sticky Re: Spam Messages & the old Yahoo Group #GroupAdmin

Media Production

what happened to David—the moderator---is he Ok

Rodger

Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2020 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Band-In-A-Box] Spam Messages & the old Yahoo Group #GroupAdmin

thank you for update, Alisdair, much appreciated.

www.willisentertainment.com

On Aug 1, 2020, at 1:49 PM, Alisdair MacRae Birch <main+owner@band-in-a-box.groups.io> wrote:

As advised by Yahoo, we kept a copy of the old group on Yahoo, as a non-functioning historical record and pointer to our new website address on groups.io. Unfortunately, some of you who were members of the former Yahoo Band-In-A-Box group have received spam emails purportedly from the Yahoo group. The emails were not from the group, were never sent to the group, but were from fake email addresses and therefore completely beyond our control. Yahoo are supposed to control and filter out these messages, but obviously they have failed. We apologize that you may have received these emails.

To prevent any further instances , the old non-functioning Yahoo Band-In-A-Box user group, members and files has now been deleted entirely.

Our group and files are now here:
https://band-in-a-box.groups.io/