Re: Real drums tracks #BiaB2020

D F Tweedie

David ...

Oops! I misread the 'filtering' part. Unfortunately, that wouldn't really work either, as due to harmonics pretty much all the instruments in a drum kit have have significant frequency information from 100 or 150 Hz to 2 kHz.

EQing out to filter creates phase shifts and when you attempted to put these tracks back together you'd have all kinds of gain bumps, gain drops and resonances interfering with coherency.

DF

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 10:58:54 AM PDT, David H. Bailey <dhbailey52@...> wrote:

On 4/21/2020 12:16 PM, Sam Buttrey wrote:
> Greetings. Can Jim Mings or someone else point us to "save drums as
> individual tracks" with more detail? I'm on BiaB 2020 under Windows, and
> I just can't find that setting anywhere. Sorry for the hassle.

The nearest thing I can see is that when we export to audio, we can
export each track to its own file.  With the drums track saved to its
own file, that file could be opened in a DAW and then each note filtered
to its own track in the DAW.  Since each instrument in the drum track is
its own pitch, that should give the desired effect of separating the
different parts of a drum kit for further editing (adding notes,
removing notes, changing the velocity of notes, etc.)