Re: Real drums tracks #BiaB2020

D F Tweedie

Hmmn ... I didn't think RealTracks had complete MIDI files? Or at least not all of them.

Besides, you are not going to get the same sounds as the live recordings if you program a MIDI file.

My biggest wish for BIAB RealTracks is that they provided multitracks of individual files for Kick, Snare, Hats, Ride, Toms (I could live with a single file with all Toms), Overheads and Room. Then you could really produce drums for your projects.

Depending on your audio editing skills and the nature of the file (e.g., 'four on the floor' kicks with snare on two of the hits wouldn't work so well), you could chop the file at the transients and move selected drum hits to an empty track in a DAW.

DF

On Sunday, April 12, 2020, 9:18:42 AM PDT, Gary Thompson <johnny@...> wrote:

Answer is yes. But not with BIAB directly. You have to suck the midi drum file into RealBand. Then ...

RealBand - Select the track
- Select Edit/Midi/Split Drum track
- take the default
- Apply
- SaveAs a new midi file.

On 4/12/2020 9:53 AM, Emilio via groups.io wrote:
Hi everyone
Can I split a real drum track into separate tracks, each one with a drum piece, when I export to a DAW?  I use Reaper.
Many thanks
--
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it
is not a thing to be waited for: it is a thing to be achieved.