Re: BIAB File Archives

Bob 'Notes' Norton <norton@...>

I can't download them, Yahoo hasn't recognized my password for years now.

If you could send them to me, as soon as I get some time, I'll create a web page, put up a link to the files and add to my javascript menu. It's heavy gigging for a few weeks, and I'm learning a few new songs for gig requests, but I should be able to squeeze in the time.

Once it's up, if anyone wants to add no-melody songs, they can e-mail me and I'll add.

Band-in-a-Box users have been good to me by supporting my style/fake biz, returning the favor seems the right thing to do.

Notes

On 10/19/2019 8:50 AM, 'David H. Bailey' dhbailey52@... [Band-in-a-Box] wrote:
On 10/19/2019 8:05 AM, Bob 'Notes' Norton norton@...
[Band-in-a-Box] wrote:

I could consider hosting the files on my nortonmusic.com site, providing
there are no melodies or other copyright violations in the files. They
would be download only and any new files would have to be uploaded
through me.

[snip]

That is very generous of you, Bob!

Those files would be the .zip files from the Band-in-a-Box-Files2 archives.

The total size of the .zip files of BIAB song files without melodies is
2.65MB.  I would be happy to send them as attachments to you, or you
could do the "right-click-and-save" from the yahoogroup's page.

The .zip files in Band-in-a-Box-Files contain melodies, so those would
not be appropriate for your web-site.

Of course, everybody who is a member of the two "Files" and "Files2"
groups can do the right-click-and-save thing themselves.  It doesn't
take very long.

The total size of the .zip files of BIAB song files with melodies is
18.7MB so storing any/all of the zip files on the computer of every
member who is interested in the archived song files should not be a
hardship.

Total storage space needed for both groups is less than 22MB, a mere
drop in the bucket of today's ginormous hard drives.

norton@...
Norton Music - http://www.nortonmusic.com
The Sophisticats® - http://www.s-cats.com